Monday 18 June 2018

Random Park Walk (June 3, 2018)

We slept in a bit today again and it was so nice.
I only get to sleep in with My Honey every second weekend so I enjoy the heck out of it when I can.

We packed up and checked out then headed to Timmie's for breakfast again.
I had the exact same thing as yesterday 

only this time I had a large chocolate chip iced cappuccino instead of a medium.

We had a few things we needed to do today before heading home so we got started.

First stop was Costco.
It is so easy to spend money there.
I wanted kitty food and kitty litter and we did get that but we got a bunch of other stuff too.
I found a couple of books and I got the Magnolia cookbook (by Joanna Gaines).
I can't wait to have a closer look at it.

I also picked up a snack for myself.

We stopped at the dollar store so I could get tattoos for the kiddos at the Color Run.
$60.00 later we left the store without a single tattoo.

There was a bathing suit store there so I dropped in to see what I could find for a top.
I really need something that has built in support and it is so hard to find.
I did find one that I like but I needed it one size larger which they didn't have.
She said they might get more in though so I'll drop by another time and have a look again.

There was a Cruise Travel place next door to that so we dropped in to see if they had any specials coming up.
They lady was super nice and we chatted with her for a bit about different cruise ships and destinations.
There were a few things that looked interesting but nothing we wanted to commit to just yet.
She took our information and is going to contact us if she sees anything she thinks might work for us.
We plan on going on a cruise early next year so we have some time.

Our next stop was Walmart.
Seems we always have to make a stop there.
My Honey wanted to get a picture developed but we couldn't find his camera anywhere.
I called the hotel to see if we'd left it behind but we hadn't.
We gave up looking for it and went in to pick up some supplies.
I needed mousse and hair cream.
We got a few other things as well.

Treated to another oldie but goodie on the radio.

We were going to head home but then decided that we wanted some supper first.
I told My Honey to pick and of course he picked pho.

We've been seeing a new place for pho next to the hotel we stayed at so we went there to check it out.

We had onion cakes - which we discovered is kind of an Edmonton thing.

We also had spring rolls and pho.

It was really good pho.

Luckily they had all the toppings - when we went for pho for My Honey's birthday, they were all out of bean sprouts and thai basil and it just isn't the same without it.

From there we headed to MacDonald's in Spruce Grove to get McFlurries.

I was really disappointed in mine because they barely added any skor bits.
Not right!!!

I was lacking in steps again so we found a park in Spruce Grove and went for a walk.

It was a gorgeous day for it.

We followed the path not knowing where it would lead.

It went into the woods and suddenly the mosquitos were crazy.
We kept going though but then the path ended up getting to mucky and we had to turn around.

It was a really nice park and the homes around it were very nice.

There was lots of birds around enjoying the space as well.
This little guy was just chirping away.

It had a really great splash park as well.

It is actually functioning unlike the one in our little town which is a fraction of the size.

We watched the kids playing for a bit.

We got there just in time to see this water wheel fill up and spill over on the kids.
I would love to bring Mr H and Miss A here sometime to play.

I loved the color of the tiles they had in the changing rooms there.

I didn't get all the way up to 10,000 steps but I knocked off quite a big chunk before we got in the truck and headed for home.

There is a body of water that these two geese return to every year to hatch their babies and they were back so we stopped to have a look.

No babies yet.

We got home and unloaded the groceries which took care of another big chunk of steps then I went and walked the backyard until I met my goal.

My Honey picked a new scratching post for the kitties when we were in the city and he wasn't even finished putting it together when Professor Snuggles decided he wanted to check it out.

I watched tv later than I should have and only got to bed around 11 pm
I'll regret that in the morning.

👍👍👍
That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment