Sunday 17 June 2018

Work Road Trip (May 30, 2018)

The yearly MSM Meeting for work was planned for today in Westlock.
Us admin in the office didn't get officially invited which kind of annoyed me but we checked into it and we were supposed to be there so at 8 am we piled into a spare truck and headed there.

We just found out yesterday that some changes are being made to our district and SV is now falling back under our umbrella again so she came with.

In fact, SG and I offered to sit in the back of the truck (it was small) so she did the driving.


Getting out of the office to do something different for a day is always fun.

We got there in time to get some seats - pretty much our whole table was people from our field.
Some people find these meetings boring but I actually enjoy them.

I enjoy seeing everyone and I find some of the information they give to us oddly reassuring.
The Oil & Gas industry has been struggling the last few years and is still fighting against misinformation and environmentalists trying to shut it down and it can be worrisome at times.
I understand because before I moved out here and got involved in the industry, I didn't understand it myself and thought of it as the big bad oil companies wreaking havoc.
I am more informed now and so when people are bad mouthing an industry that provides me with the means to live, I get upset.
All of those folks don't seem to understand how much it directly affects their lives as well and I think that if you are going to go ahead and take up a campaign to try to shut down a whole industry, you should at least do your homework and find out what it is really all about.
Anyway - that was my little rant about that.

They provided us lunch after the meeting - pulled pork, salads and buns.


Even some dessert.

Everyone else enjoying their lunches.

The girls.

It was pretty darn good and I was stuffed when we left there.
We headed straight back to the office because BH had a meeting to get to.
Not many of us headed back to the office so it was pretty quiet there for the rest of the afternoon.



I sliced my nail so I had to end up cutting it.


It probably was time anyway.
My nails start curling when they get longer, I call them my creepy witch nails.


I went online and got mom's medical insurance for our upcoming trip purchased.
That's another check on my to do list.
I called the bank to order some English Pounds as well but they told me I only have to do that a week in advance so I will have to call back.

My Honey was sending me pictures of pork ribs he had out in the smoker and they looked so good.

He asked what I wanted to go with it and I requested biscuits so soon enough he sent me this picture.

When I got home, I was welcomed with the aroma of freshly baked biscuits.
I couldn't wait for supper.

I cracked one open while it was still hot, loaded it up with butter and raspberry jam and sunk my teeth into it as fast as I could.
It's hard to believe that he could get the recipe even better but he did.
OMG - they were divine.
Fluffy and light - his best batch yet.
I could have eaten every last one of them.
I didn't though.
Instead I had some of the delicious supper he'd made.

BBQ ribs,


beans and grilled corn.


He adds cheese to the corn and it is so darn yummy.
It was super good.

I had another biscuit with jam afterwards for dessert.
Halfway through my belly was so full that it was hurting to eat but I wouldn't give it up and forced myself to eat it anyway.



These two were resting comfortably together.


I snapped a few pictures - think I was boring Paddington.
Either that or he was sticking his tongue out at me.

I didn't do so well with the steps today because of the meeting so I only had around 5000 steps in so far.
I really wanted to make that 10,000 mark so I asked My Honey to go for a walk.
He had to go wash his truck first but that didn't take long.


We got ready and set out.


Looking forward to the walk.


I was trying to take a picture of how many steps I had showing on my fitbit but I kept missing it.

We walked through the little camp ground they have here in town.
I'd been through it once but it was his first time and he's lived here longer than I have.

It was kind of misty raining out but it felt nice.
We walked a bit then I really had to make a pit stop back at the house to use the washroom.

I still had 2000 more steps to get though so as soon as I finished we were back for a different loop to the downtown area.
It had cleared up a bit and it wasn't raining anymore.
We went by the store and popped in "just to see" what kind of hard ice cream flavors they have this year.

That turned into each buying an ice cream.

It was hard to eat and walk so I carried it home and ate it there.

I noticed a letter on my desk that My Honey had written to his nephew and I had to share it here (with his permission) because it cracked me up.







My Honey's letter to his teenage nephew.
I don't know where he comes up with this stuff but I sure love his sense of humor.


Speaking of things that make me laugh.
This may have been me back in my younger, partying days.



What a way to look at things - so true too!

We should all remember this and be nicer to ourselves.
We deserve it.
We say things to ourselves that we would never say to others and it's time to put a stop to that.

😊😊😊

That was our day.
Until next time, be happy!

1 comment: