Wednesday 31 May 2017

Hail Storm

Sunny again - this most certainly must be a record.
It is so much easier to hop out of bed when the sun is just a shining away.
I knew I had a lunch meeting scheduled but walked to work anyway.
I am always so glad that I did because it just gives me such a great start to my day.

My Honey was going in to the city to pick up more supplies for the golf course and he was getting the truck serviced on the way so I didn't have it anyway.


I spent a bit of time this morning figuring out the books for the golf course.
I had a few numbers that I couldn't get to work out and it was eating away at me so I kept going back to it until I got it figured out.
Maybe that is why I enjoy math so much, it is just so satisfying when you finally figure out the solution to a problem.
Also, it isn't subjective at all, the solution is the solution, I really like that.

I had a quick lunch meeting with the WCSS ISRT.
I had a bowl of beef & barley soup and a chef salad for lunch.
A couple of the guys from the office were there having lunch as well so one of them (JRA) gave me a lift back to the office.

The afternoon was busy and about 20 minutes before go home time, I heard some thunder and saw some dark clouds roll in.
Then I started hearing loud thuds on the roof.

A ferocious hail storm had came up out of nowhere.
It was so loud that a group of us gathered at the front door to watch.

These are the biggest hail balls that I have ever seen in person.

I am glad that mom & I didn't make it to the garden center on the weekend after all because the plant would have been outdoors and they would have been destroyed by this freak storm.

It pretty much looks like it snowed.
Then as quickly as it started, it stopped.

JRA was so great, he went out and shovelled a path to our vehicles for us.

Some of us weren't dressed appropriately for the weather, that is, flip flops & giant hail balls don't mix!

It did a bit of damage to some of the trees and shrubs outside of the office.

I am still in awe over the size of it.  I've seen pictures of bigger hail but never seen anything this big up close.

Yup, pretty much looks like winter is back.

I got a lift home and the road was actually quite treacherous.

The sun came out for a few minutes then when I got home, it started to hail again.
Only this time, it was much smaller and lasted only a couple of minutes.
Then it turned to pouring down rain and now the hail is mostly all gone and the sun is out there shining brilliantly again.
Weird weather!

I was half thinking about ordering in some supper because I didn't feel like cooking but found some leftovers and had that instead.
Pork, corn on the cob, baked potato and brown beans.
It was a perfect supper, the corn was so sweet & juicy.
I had to cut it off the cob as it is still a bit awkward to eat but that being said, my mouth is healing quite nicely and doesn't even hurt anymore.

I wanted something sweet after supper so had a Special K Double Chocolate Protein Bar to carb my craving.
It was good but at 7 WW points it isn't something that I plan on indulging in very often.

I had the points for it today though.
I only realized at lunch time that I was so busy I had forgotten to eat my breakfast.
I was feeling dizzy and that is likely why.

I had a quiet evening tonight.
I watched Hockey Wives, Little People Big World (I love Zack) and 7 Little Johnstons.
It was a relaxing evening.
I kind of had the munchies tonight to so I had a few snacks.
Snapea Crisps, Peanuts and a granola bar.
All things considered, I could have picked far worse options so I am ok with that.

Hoping for another sunshine filled morning!

Until next time, be happy!



No comments:

Post a Comment