Sunday 4 June 2017

Burger Experimentation

It wasn't very nice this morning, it wasn't raining so I could have walked but I knew everything would be soggy and I was tired so I didn't.
My Honey was heading out to the Golf Course first thing so I got him to drop me at work on his way.

Mid Morning Snack! 
Us girls from the office had a couple other friends meet us out at the golf course for lunch today.

The cook delivering us our meals.
He looks so happy doing what he loves.

He made me a delicious salad with chicken breast with my favorite Oil & Vinegar dressing.
YUMMY!

He was also busy making pecan tarts this morning (just for fun) so he gave us one to share.
We were too full to have any more than that.

Then it was back to work for the afternoon.
My brother texted to see if I could watch the kiddos for a little bit after work so I picked them & mom up and headed out to the golf course for supper.
It wasn't a very nice day out so My Honey had sent his helper home but I wanted to go out and help him just in case he got busy.
Plus we were going to do some burger experimentation for an idea I borrowed from PEI.
They have Burger Love each year in April I think.
Any restaurant that wants to participate comes up with a special burger that they sell for the month of April.
Anyone who tries them out can then vote and choose their favorite.
The restaurant with the winning burger then has to add that burger to their menu for the following year.
This is about the 6th year and it is growing each year.

We can't do anything on that grand of a scale but we are going to come up with a different burger creation each week and make it available on Thursdays at the Golf Course.
Just thought it would be a fun thing to do.

Selfie at the golf course, Miss A is coloring - she loves it and it keeps her occupied.

Mr H was not so much into the coloring tonight, doesn't he just look like an angel who is secretly ready to get into mischief?

After I finished feeding the kiddos, my brother came out to pick them & mom up so My Honey & I got to start our experimentation!

Taste testing has begun!

We also want to do special sides with the burgers so I came up with this idea to go with the Elvis Burger,
Deep Fried Banana Bread.
It was successful if I do say so myself.

I also made a dip to go with it,
Peanut Butter, Marshmallow Fluff and a little cream to thin it out.
It was quite tasty too and went great with the deep fried banana bread.

On the Elvis Burger we tried half smooth peanut butter and half homemade crunchy peanut butter.
My Honey made it - it has honey in it so it is quite sweet so although it tastes really good on toast, I think the smooth peanut butter was more successful on the burger.

The ELVIS BURGER!
Just a burger (homemade), potato bun (homemade) bacon and peanut butter.
Sounds like a weird combo I know but it was so, so delicious.

I also figured I would batter up some bananas and deep fry those.
We drizzled it with some chocolate and voila!
It was good but we just used a corn dog batter that was already made up, I think next time I would try them with a sweeter batter.

This was another creation that I was thinking about for some time.
It is a rolo rolled in cream cheese, rolled in chocolate chip cookie dough batter then battered and deep fried.
It was not successful.
The insides popped right out of one of them plus it was sickly sweet.
I think if I tried it again, I would use less of each layer and freeze the balls first before deep frying.
Oh well, that's why it's called experimentation, you win some, you lose some.

We also tried a Blue Cheese Burger - My Honey loves blue cheese.
He added bacon and a couple onion rings and it was successful as well.
I can't take a whole lot of blue cheese, the stinky smell is hard to get past for me but I am trying.
I think this burger had just enough to give it a tangy, sharp bite and then the bacon and onion ring balanced it out nicely.
I am deeming it a success.

Even though it wasn't a very nice night, a few folks did come out to eat so I was glad I went out to help.

Even though we made lots of food to try tonight, I only tried very small portions and I skipped supper to be able to do it so I don't think it will have a negative effect on my weigh in next week.

It was a nice night spent with My Honey - I really enjoy trying to come up with interesting, new food ideas.

We left the course just around 9 and headed to bed shortly after we got home.

Another great day in the books!
Until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment