Sunday 18 June 2017

Strawberry Shortcake for Supper

I hadn't planned on walking to work this morning because I knew I wouldn't have time to walk home but it was so beautiful I couldn't resist.
I just decided I would get one of the girls to give me a lift home for lunch.

I had a delicious breakfast at my desk.
The morning flew by and before you know it, it was lunch time.
SG gave me a ride home, I grabbed some leftovers..

Soup/Chili with a dollop of plain greek yogurt, so tasty.

We were thinking of going on a trip in October once My Honey is done with the kitchen at the golf course and we were going to go to Europe for a couple weeks.
Today BN asked if we wanted to go to Cuba in November and we are considering it.
Figured we'd split our vacation, go to Cuba in November and still go somewhere in October but only for a week.  I think Europe is too far for a 1 week trip so I was doing some research on other places we could go.

I googled the best US destinations for October and found this top ten list, out of it, these are the ones that we thought would be interesting.

Toledo, Ohio
I think the lure of the fall foliage is what made Toledo an appealing choice.
We have visited New England in the fall and I grew up in NS which has beautiful fall colors, I really miss them so this is a possible option.

Greenville, South Carolina
Emerging Foodie Destination - need I say more?

Asheville, North Carolina
I would love to see the Smoky Mountains and My Honey agrees so this made the maybe list as well.


Knoxville, Tennessee
I have been wanting to get to Tennessee, rent a car and just explore.
There are so many places I am interested in seeing, Nashville, Memphis, Graceland (huge Elvis fan over here), Dollywood and now Rocky Top as that is where the Bates are and the scenery looks gorgeous in the show. Knoxville could just be another destination to add to the Tennessee itinerary.
The only drawback to this one is that my mom would really like to visit Nashville and I would like to take her so Tennessee may have to wait until a later date.

After work I headed out to the golf course to help out for men's night.
It was super busy, I barely even had a chance to eat.

One of the guys ordered a chicken Caesar wrap.  SH made so much she couldn't fit it all on the wrap so I had the leftovers for my supper.

I tried out the deep fried pickle fritter recipe for the girls.  It is going to be a garnish on the Double Decker Diet Wrecker on Thursday so I wanted to make sure it was good.


Dessert tonight was strawberry shortcake.  Ms SV makes a delicious white cake that I just love.  I resisted all evening but right before I left I broke down and had a piece with whipped cream and glazed strawberries.
It isn't my favorite way to have a strawberry shortcake but it is still up there pretty high on my favorites list.
It was delicious, I am glad there wasn't much cake left and the night was over.
I may not have been able to resist much longer.

I packaged up a piece for mom and put her name on it.
I put it in the fridge for her when I got home, I know she will enjoy the treat tomorrow.

My Honey was home when I finally got home.
It's been so busy lately we haven't been seeing much of each other.

Professor Snuggles was under the couch attacking My Honey (in a playful way).
He was so quick though it was hard to get a picture of him.
He just loves to play and My Honey just loves to get him going.

I have to get up and make a 2 hour drive to another office (in Edson) to do some training tomorrow so I headed to bed shortly after I got home.

Its going to be a busy week so I need to make sure I get my rest.

Until next time, be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment