Sunday 4 June 2017

Pimpin' Out the Backyard

My Honey headed out to the golf course early again today, I sat and enjoyed a coffee and waited for mom to get up.
I was taking her flower shopping today.

We left town around 10am.
We had to stop at the golf course and trade vehicles with My Honey so we had breakfast while we were there.
He makes FABULOUS biscuits so mom & I each had one of those.
I had him add a couple chicken strips, siracha mayo and honey to mine - it was sooooo good!

I was so hungry for it that I forgot to take a picture.

We headed out of town finally around 11 am.

First stop was the liquor store to pick up a couple things for the golf course & Dollarama to get some office supplies.

We made a stop at Wally World (Walmart) for supplies and backyard goodies.
The hail storm the other day tore my patio set cushions to pieces.
I was going to just recover them but there are no fabric stores here so we looked at curtains then at shower curtains as options.

We had some shower curtains picked out
We figured if we got three of them it would be enough to cover all of the cushions.

But then we came across these cushions which weren't exactly the size we needed for the patio set but we figured we would be able to make them work so we got them instead.

I bought one of the shower curtains anyway - I feel like a nice new bright color will spruce things up a bit!

Mom also wanted one of these so we picked up the last one.
Had to get some help as it was long and heavy but we got it into the truck.

The garden center was the last stop on our little shopping adventure today.

Spotted this on the way over.
Can you see what I see?
Every time I see one it makes me think of My Honey!

This was a welcome sight as we arrived to the garden center.
I just love lilacs - these didn't have a strong scent like normal but they were gorgeous.

We bought lots of stuff at the garden center.
Now that mom is home all day, we thought gardening would be a good hobby for her to start.

The cushions fit the chairs nicely.
They cost more than what I paid for the whole patio set 10 years ago but if I can get another 10 years out of them it will be worth it.
Plus the weather has been wonderful so far this "summer" so I am expecting to get lots of use out of them.

I potted a the hanging baskets that we picked up.
Two of them in urns.....

And one in a pot for the table.

They are just beautiful.
This one was the least expensive of the three ($32 as opposed to $42) but it is the biggest by far.
Now just have to hope for no hail to come and destroy them.

We bought lots of other stuff for mom to plant, we just need to dig up a spot for her.
Gave them lots of water for now and will keep doing so until we get them planted.

My Honey started putting mom's swing set together for her the other night but then got called back out to work so didn't get very far.

There is still lots more to put together so I called in reinforcements.
I told my son & brother if they came over to get the swing and gazebo put together I would buy them supper.
I went out to the golf course and My Honey made them each a Swine Hills Burger and he also made Mom & I a taco salad.

I got him to add green onion to mine and I enjoyed every last bite.

The swing took longer than anticipated to get together and the mosquitos were just horrible so we are saving the gazebo for another night.

It looked like rain so I took the cushion from it into the house for the night, I wanted mom to be able to sit on it for the first time tomorrow if the weather was nice.

The backyard is coming together nicely and I am glad mom will have a nice place to hang out this summer.

My Honey was a little later getting home tonight, closer to 10ish.
We watched a little tv then it was off to dream land for us both.

Until next time, be happy!




No comments:

Post a Comment