Thursday 22 June 2017

Day Off - Kind Of

It's been awhile since I walked to work, I miss it, but it was a rainy morning so I opted to take the truck today.

I had to run a few errands at lunch so I stopped at the store and picked up a quick lunch for mom & I.

I had macaroni salad, oriental salad, a couple turkey bites and a couple of hard boiled eggs.
Kind of a strange combination but it did the trick.

After work today I had a massage booked.
We chatted for awhile, she works on mom as well so she was wanting to know how mom was doing.
She taught me about 2 second stretching.
Her theory was that you should stretch for 2 seconds then let go and repeat 10 times.
She said it was better than holding the stretch for 30 seconds or so because after 2 seconds, your brain kicks in and resists the stretch.
I think I will give it a try.
As usual she said that my calves were tight and that I need to stretch them more, which is completely plausible as I haven't been doing any stretching at all.
I try to do it when I am working out but haven't been doing any of that lately either.

I do want to though - as busy as I have been, I am going to make time for it.
I still have 50 runs to do and my time limit to do it in is dwindling slowly but surely.

My Honey was back to his regular job today and he stopped on the way home to pick up something for supper.
Pork Chops, asparagus and greek salad.
He makes the best greek salad ever!  We were all out of olives but it didn't even matter.
The dressing he makes is so tasty I could have had only the salad for supper and I would have been more than satisfied.

The Professor has been using his new post/perch a little.

He won't go inside the little cubby holes but he does like to sit and look out the window.

We watch 7 Little Johnstons tonight and then an episode of this new show we discovered last week.
.
Cosplay Melee
There are four contestants and they basically build their own cosplay costumes.
The winner takes home $10,000.
It is amazing how talented and creative they are. 
These were the three finalists from last night.
The girl in the center here won but honestly I thought the girl on the left had a better costume.
Either way though, the costumes were all pretty amazing.
I think we are really going to enjoy this show, I hope it sticks around.

I started watching an episode of this too, I am about 3 episodes in, but I couldn't keep my eyes open so I turned it off and went to bed.

This was the first day in a while that I didn't go out to the golf course and it was nice to have a day off from it.

It's the first day of summer today so longest day of the year.
It stays light out here very late so it is sometimes hard for me to fall asleep when I go to bed but we shut all the curtains and doors very tightly to make the room nice and dark and luckily it didn't take me that long at all last night.

That's a wrap for today, until next time, be happy!


No comments:

Post a Comment