Wednesday 28 June 2017

Sad News

The weather outdoors really matched the mood in town today.
Grey and somber.
The little fellow who was hit by a car last night at the ball game did not make it.
Such a terrible tragedy - he was only 3 years old - I can't even begin to imagine what his family is going through.
It happened at a ball game too so there were lots of people there that witnessed the whole horrific scene and being such a small town it has just affected everybody.

I didn't know the family personally but I certainly feel for them.
I also feel for the driver, just a freak accident but I am sure it will be tough for him as well.
The silver lining if there can be one in a situation like this is that this tiny town has rallied around family to offer support, condolences and really any help that they can.
There has already been over $10,000 raised to help the young family with expenses.
I think that is just wonderful and it makes me feel proud to be part of a community that comes together like that to help out one of it's members.

Lunch was leftover chicken and quinoa salad.
I added a little siracha to spice it up a bit.

After work I headed straight out to the golf course for men's night.
The weather wasn't that great so it wasn't very busy - still busier than last week though.

I didn't have much of an opportunity to take many pictures today so I am adding some that showed up in my Facebook memories.

This is My Honey & I doing the color run that we organized here last year.
We had such miserable weather for it but it was also a lot of fun.

Selfie that I took of myself maybe 2 years ago?
I liked it enough to make it my profile picture.

This is in PEI.
We are arriving at The Run to go out for a sail.

My boy and a couple of cousins enjoying being out on the boat.
One of my favorite things to do when I go to PEI is to go out for a sail with my family.
Sometimes we jig for mackeral and other times we just sail and enjoy each others company.
Definitely a high light of each trip.

That's all for today.
Until Next Time, be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment