Friday 30 June 2017

Memories of NYC

Today was another super busy day.
I worked all day, after work I stopped at the grocery store for a few supplies then headed straight out to the golf course to help out.
All the teachers from the school in town were having a golf night and eating out at the golf course so it was quite busy.
I ended up not getting home until 11:30 pm so I was very tired.

My son brought my mom out - there is a huge amount of bottles and cans for recycling downstairs and they all need to be sorted through.
I thought it might be a good project for my mom to work on and she was game.

This is after working down there for an hour or so,
I asked her to smile and this is what I got, ha ha.

She is looking a little tired but I think she likes having a project to work on.
She was always busy doing something before so even if it is a little tiring, it's fulfilling too.

Here is My Honey hard at work cooking.
Today was Burger Love day and the Benny Burger was on the menu (breakfast on a bun).
It was a hit, our best seller so far.
I think we sold about a dozen of them anyway.
I think the word is getting out about it too which is good.
I really want this venture to be successful.

That's all the pictures I have for today but while we were waiting for golfers to come in I browsed Facebook for awhile and a bunch of fun memories popped up.

This is a cake My Honey made with a friend of ours (PC) for another friend (DS).
We took it to the office and gave it to her there.
While the execution was a success (looks like real kitty litter but it is completely edible), some of the office staff thought it looked awful and not many had the guts to taste it.
It's funny how our mind plays tricks on us.
The "turds" are just home made tootsie rolls but they look so much like turds that it is difficult to disassociate the two.
We ended up making the cake again a year later for my niece who thought it was funny but she absolutely refused to eat it.

This was taken in Nova Scotia 5 years ago - this was the first time My Honey came with me on a visit back there.
I had lost some weight back then - think is was around the 190 lb mark and I was feeling really good.
We had driven all the way to Luneburg to try out a restaurant we'd seen on You Gotta Eat here called Magnolia's Grill but it ended up being closed.
So we ate at another place - Knot Pub - It was the first time My Honey had deep fried pepperoni like we have back home.
Not sure that he liked it that much but we had a lovely day.

This is us arriving in NYC last year.  NYC is where for the last three years in a row, we have been to celebrate Canada Day and The 4th of July.
If My Honey wasn't working at the golf course we would likely be there right now.

We took the red eye and arrived early in the morning so we weren't able to check into the hotel quite yet.

We dropped off our bags and headed to Central park where we found a lovely big tree.
We just laid under it and had a nap.

It was a sweltering day so this was a nice treat.

Later that evening we went to the first show of our trip (we usually try to go to one each night) - An American in Paris
I love broadway shows - have always dreamed that I would go to one someday and now have been to plenty of them - and plan to go to plenty more!

After the show we had the quintessential New York treat - a slice of pie.
Great way to cap off the night.

This is from our trip to NYC in 2015.
We woke up super early to take a train trip to Washington DC for the day.
It happened to be pride week and I loved how the Empire State Building was all decked out in the pride colors.
We arrived at Penn Station around 3:43 in the morning and it was just so quiet and beautiful that time of day (not super quiet but quiet for New York)

On the train, looking a little tired but pumped for the days adventures.

Seeing these memories makes me a little sad that we won't be in New York this summer but that's ok.
We'll go back next year and in the fall when the golf course is closed - we'll go on a really great trip somewhere so we have that to look forward to.

That's it for today - until next time - be happy!



No comments:

Post a Comment