Sunday 18 June 2017

Highway Day

I was up and on the road by 6:30 am this morning.
I made a coffee and I quite enjoyed my drive.  It was a nice sunny day and the scenery along the way was beautiful.
I would have liked to take some photos but I was driving so - no could do!

My former boss who had been transferred out of our office recently transferred to another office in a different role.
Turns out she is using a lot of the same applications as I am now so I offered to drive there and do some training with her.
We tried to do it over the phone but for some reason we can't phone each other's offices.  The connection just keeps going dead.
IT is working on it but in the meantime, I was up for a road trip.

We went for lunch at a cute little coffee shop called the Funky Fork.
It is just the kind of little place that I like.
We ordered a ham & cheese biscuit and shared it.
It was really good.

I tried this drink - it kind of had a malt taste to it which I didn't like that much, reminded me of the taste of beer which I do not like.
You'll never know if you never try though, right?

The place had a nice feel to it.

I liked how they had it decorated.
I would most definitely go back.

I had a chicken panini, it had goat cheese and veggies on it also.
I opted for the quinoa salad for a side.  It had walnuts in it which I have never tried before - very tasty.
I might try to make some at home.

We did some more training after lunch then I left around 2 to go home.
I stopped at Walmart to pick up flowers for the golf clubhouse.
I bought 11 hanging baskets and 2 trays full of annuals.
I had it all in and hanging from one cart, I must have looked silly.
Wish I had thought to take a picture but I was in a rush to get home so I forgot.

I stopped at the golf course to drop the flowers off and pick up My Honey.
He and I were taking a 1 hour trip to go to the liquor store.
The Oilmen's Golf Tournament is coming up this weekend and we were absolutely going to need more alcohol for the club.

It was a little busy so we left later than planned but around 6 pm I was back on the highway again only this time with company and headed in a totally different direction.
We got to the liquor store at 7 and didn't leave there until 8:30 pm.
We had a huge order!

So around 8:45 when we were heading home we realized that we hadn't eaten any supper.
We wanted to get back home so wanted something quick and My Honey chose KFC.

I had some popcorn chicken and a small coleslaw.
Not a great supper but at least it was protein and I skipped the fries.

My Honey realized that he forgot his key at the golf course and we had to go there to unload all the alcohol so we stopped by and picked up Ms SV's key.
This is his silly pose that he does for me all the time, he always makes me laugh.
That yellow flower on her house was handmade by My Honey & I.
He cut out the pieces for me and I painted it.
I made one for Ms BH and Ms NC also for our Christmas gift exchange, I was happy with how they turned out.

Ms SV's lilacs are blooming, I have always loved them - they remind me of spring~early summer and of PEI.

By the time we unloaded everything and got back home it was 11 pm so we pretty much went straight to bed.
I am feeling a little tired.  I don't know how My Honey does it, he hasn't had a day off since early May but he just keeps going and never complains.

That's all for today folks, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment