Monday 26 June 2017

Weigh In Day

I was able to enjoy a nice walk to work this morning - Yay!
I had quite the play list going on, it made me chuckle.
Here is a bit of an excerpt:
You Don't Bring Me Flowers - Barbara Streisand & Barry Gibb
Logical Song - Supertramp
MMMBop - Hanson
Little Talks - Of Monsters and Men
You never know quite what you will get when listening to my ipod.  Keeps things interesting!
So I weighed in as soon as I got to work.
 
242.0 lbs
At first I thought I was down a pound until I went to enter it into Weight Watchers, then I realized....
No change again.
Although better than a gain, it shows me that I have to change something up.
I was thinking about it a bit and I am going to get back to working out.
I still have those 50 organized runs to do so I need to train anyway.
My life is busy right now but I can fit it in if I make the effort.
I am going to make a daily goal and just takes things one day at a time.
My goal for tonight - 20 minutes on the treadmill (at least) work in as much running/jogging as I am able.

My brother was called out to work so he called and asked if I could watch the kiddos after work.
Of course I did.
It was another gorgeous, sunny day so we got ice creams and sat outside and ate them.
Miss A wasn't thrilled with all the little creatures in the outdoors (ants, mosquitos, spiders etc..)

Meanwhile, this fellow was going around stepping on all the bugs he could find.
He is such a little goofball, always making these silly faces!

They helped me water the flowers.
Then as we were finishing up, my neighbour told me that golf ball sized hail was headed our way.
 
So I hauled everything into the shed - better to be safe than sorry.
(Turned out to be a good call)

The backyard looks bare without the flowers and the cushions.

No shoes, walking through water in his socks, this boy is on a mission with a broom that is about twice his size!


The sky was still looking nice and clear on one side......
But something was most definitely brewing on the other.

Trying to get him to stop for a picture but no luck.
He is an expert at saying "No"!

After I got everything put away, I sent the kids indoors so I could get my work out in.

As usual, they wanted to involved.
I let Miss A try the treadmill out but just on the lowest pace that it would go.
She walked for a minute and that was enough for her.

I on the other hand got my 20 min in.
I ran for a minute about every 3 minutes or so, I did one stretch of 2 minutes but it was tough.
I felt good that I did it though - I need to kick this weight loss effort up a notch.
My Honey arrived home when I was just about done.
I might have stayed on longer but someone is potty training and had a little accident that I had to take care of.
I didn't even fool around - I put him right in the tub.
Luckily I'd just washed a few of his outfits from yesterday so I had something to put him in.

I had leftovers for supper.
When I got upstairs quite the storm was raging outdoors.
High winds, thunder, lightning.
It was super loud.
We have a great view out our front window and the kids & I were able to watch some of the lightning storm.
I love watching it.
My brother picked up the kiddos and My Honey got called back out to work.
That happens often during thunder & lightning storms because they have power outages so they have to get things running again.

The power did go out, just for a minute, but I didn't want to take any chances so I turned off the tv and ran myself a bath.

I started a new book tonight
I'm only a couple pages in so I am not sure about it yet - seems good so far though.

The sirens were going here in town earlier - it always worries me when I hear them.
Right away I'm checking where my son is, then My Honey, my brothers etc....

Sounds like it may have been just a little fellow hit by a car.
I sure hope and pray that he is ok.

Well that's it for today.
Until next time, be happy.
The window in my room was open so my side of the bed is completely soaked.
I turned on my heating blanket as high as it would go - hope it dries it up some before I go to bed.






No comments:

Post a Comment