Monday 26 June 2017

Another Sunny Summer Day

Woke up early to this cutie pie and another bright and sunny day.

Look at those curls, I just love them.
Mr H was ready to go at 6:30 am, a little earlier than I would have liked but oh well.

First thing he did when Nanny got up was to have a little snuggle with her.

Then because it was so nice we headed back outside again.

He really wanted to help me water the flowers.

My Honey dropped home for a quick minute again and gave Mr H a "Boon" as he calls them.
He still loves them just as much as ever.

I was trying to get him to leave his hat on as I was concerned about him getting too much sun but that wasn't always an easy task. 

I just love all the flowers, they are coming along nicely

This one fell over in the wind last week and so a bunch of the stems were broken.
I spent lots of time going over it and taking out the broken pieces.
Hopefully it will bounce back.

I was dead heading my flowers and almost grabbed this guy!
YUCK!!!!
These things frighten me so much.
I just left him there, that way I could keep an eye on him.
He stayed there for hours!

I made a big batch of quinoa salad this afternoon, I added all kinds of goodies to it.
Spinach, radishes, red onion, green onion, celery, peas, corn, water chestnuts, chick peas, cocktail shrimp, carrots and laughing cow cheese.

I added some fried onions to the top of mine for added flavor, they were a great addition.

 
It was so tasty which is great because I will likely be eating it for the rest of the week.

Time to go home.
My brother ended up getting called out to work today so Mr H stayed until 4 pm.
It was nice to get to spend so much time with him.
As soon as he left though, I ran a bath, grabbed my book and relaxed for a little.

Then I put some chicken breasts on to cook and washed some romaine lettuce to prepare for supper.
I was hoping to have it done for My Honey when he got home from work but that didn't happen.
I was trying to get into some of mom's accounts (hotmail, itunes) but she couldn't remember her passwords and I was having a heck of a time resetting them.
I spent quite a bit of time at the computer trying to get that sorted which I did in the end, but it took longer than expected so My Honey arrived home before I had a chance to finish up supper.

 
That worked in my favor though because he makes the best Caesar dressing from scratch.
I helped chop some anchovies and capers while he did the rest.
 
Then I cooked up some corn on the cob - I had some coconut milk that I wasn't using so I cooked them up in that.
My Honey was kind of on the the fence about that idea but I think they turned out really good.
He made his mayo/chipotle/parmesan sauce for the corn and if I wasn't so full after my Caesar Salad (I had two helpings) I would have had a few more!

They will taste just as delicious tonight though I am sure.



No comments:

Post a Comment