Sunday 18 June 2017

A Very Long Day

It was raining this morning, not a great start for the golfers, hopefully it will clear up by later in the day.
It was a pretty generic day at work, very busy, very quite, not many of us actually in the office.
Right after work, I stopped at the store for some supplies then headed straight out to the golf course.
I picked up some grapes to have for a snack and they were so good.
Crisp and firm (not to firm) and nice and sweet.  The skin wasn't too tough and thick either, I really dislike it when the skin is thick and leathery.
It makes me so happy when I get fruit that actually tastes good.

It was a busy night but in one of the lulls, we tried deep frying a Mars Bar.

We used a pancake batter but it didn't really turn out all that great, but how do you know until you try?
Guess that's why they call it experimentation.
After that it was a very busy night.
We stayed and cooked until almost 11pm
I could have stayed longer, I enjoy socializing but we were doing breakfast in the morning and really needed to get some sleep.

When we got home I had a quick peak at Facebook and this fun memory popped up.
About 7 or 8 years ago, my friends took me to Jasper for a birthday trip so I could see the mountains, I had never seen them before.
Five of us went and it was one of the most enjoyable trips ever.

We staged a pillow fight picture, we figured that's what girls do when they have a sleep over.

Those are elk behind us, they are just everywhere and don't seem to be frightened of humans.
I wouldn't have gotten any closer though.

Didn't mind getting up close and personal with this fellow though!

Stylin' in my pink vest and hat.
I loved the mountains, they were breathtaking.

I feel blessed that views like this are just a few hours away from me.
Canada really is a stunningly beautiful country and I am proud to call myself a Canadian.

This was on the way home.
We set the camera on a rock and did a timed photo, that way we could all be in it, the photographer wouldn't have to be left out.
It turned out pretty awesome I think.

We just had the best time, I laughed so hard my sides hurt and I got a splitting headache but that didn't stop me.

It was so much fun that we planned to go again but it just never happened and now we are all kind of scattered around in different places.
The lesson in that is to enjoy every moment because you never know what tomorrow will bring.


No comments:

Post a Comment