Wednesday 7 June 2017

Early Birthday Celebration

I was so tired this morning, I wanted to sleep in as late as possible but the sun was shining so brightly I made myself get up in time to be able to walk to work.
As always, I am so glad I did.
It was such a pretty morning, I love walking by this little gulley.
I always check for animals but haven't seen one yet.

I do get nervous sometimes that I am going to cross paths with a bear on my walk but thankfully that hasn't happened so far either.

Look at that sun just a shining away.
I am glad it was behind me and that I didn't have to walk toward it, I wouldn't have been able to see a thing it's so bright.

Ms BK sometimes stops and picks up fruit for the office on her way to work.
This morning was one of those times and she brought these grapes which were so good.
They were crisp and juicy and sweet and the skin wasn't too thick.
I stood there and ate quite a few of them - put a pretty good dent in the fruit bowl.

I had plans to leave a little early today as I had to go to the dentist and I was taking my niece and my son's girl to get manicures/pedicures for graduation which is coming this weekend.

I had Ms BK drop me off at home so I could grab lunch and the truck and just head back to work.
Turned out after she dropped me off, I realized My Honey had taken both sets of keys with him to the golf course accidentally and I had left my phone at the office as I was only planning on being a minute.
We don't have a house phone any longer and haven't for some time so I felt kind of stranded.
Thank goodness for messenger though, I called Ms SV and luckily she answered, then she called Ms BK and asked her to pick me back up.
It was kind of funny.

I did grab some lunch though (left over crunchy pea salad) and ate it at my desk when I got back to the office.
My Honey came for me after and brought me the keys.

I picked up the girls plus Mr.T who had an appointment so was tagging along for a ride and we headed out.

We stopped at Walmart first - I needed a couple of birthday cards and some wrapping paper.
Then I dropped off the girls at the second hand shop and I went to the dentist.

Finally got that packing out - I am a happy girl!
He said my mouth is healing nicely, I just have to let it heal for another month then I can come back and get the permanent crown put back on.

I met the girls over at the nail place.

I was in dire need of a pedicure to say the least!

Picking out a color and a design is always a super long ordeal for me but not Miss M, she always knows exactly what she wants!
Can't believe she is graduating - where has the time gone?

Miss H decided she was just going to get the manicure and skipped the pedicure.

I went into this thinking I wanted a nice bright color, like orange and that is just what I picked.
I opted out of the manicure and just had a pedicure.

She did a great job on the design as well - I don't think my hands would be steady enough to do it.

She's loving being pampered.
She decided to go for both the mani and the pedi!


Miss H picked the cat eye like I had on my toenails only she got black instead of purple.
It looks so cool.
Pointy nails are coming back again and I wasn't so sure if I liked it but I think it really suits her.
She has a red prom dress but didn't want to go all red.

Miss M has a black dress with some pink so I think this will go nicely.

She bought some crickets to feed her tarantula.  They were just in a cup with a paper towel held on with elastic. It accidentally got knocked into the foot bath so she is checking here to see if the crickets are still alive.
They were!

I took a video expecting a little excitement when she lifted the paper towel to look inside but that didn't happen, it was pretty drama free!



My Honey was busy at the golf course preparing for men's night tonight.
He sent me a picture of the pizza he made.
Looks delicious as everything he makes always does.

I picked up a couple pizzas, a dairy queen blizzard cake, some party supplies
(minion-themed) and headed for home.
Tomorrow is my boys birthday, he is turning 25 (EEK!)
I figured it would be hard to get everyone together 2 nights in a row so had them meet us at my place to celebrate his birthday a night early.

I love this shot!
I am so glad he found someone who seems to be such a great match for him.
They share so many similar interests and she is such a sweet girl, I really like her bunches and bunches.
Makes me happy to see him so happy.

Not sure if they look like minions but they look pretty darned cute!

Mama got her hair did today - looks awesome!

Caught this shot while he had a mouthful of pizza.

Opening gifts - His family back home sent him cards & money which I think he was surprised to see.
I got him some lawn furniture.  He has a huge backyard with a fire pit so hopefully it will get put to good use this summer.
I also got him a DragonBall Z mug (forgot to take a picture) and I think he liked it all.
He is always so appreciative so I really enjoy getting him things!
I sure love my boy a whole lot.

Miss M wanted to get in on the minion thing too!

Noticed that lately when I have everyone over, I am not in any of the pictures so I remembered to make sure I got one in tonight.
Me & Miss M, my darling little niece.

Hope all his wishes come true!

I found these candle holders at the dollar store and they worked pretty good.
This is a dairy queen blizzard cake - chocolate explosion or something like that.
I am not big on ice cream cake but my son loves it so I buy them for him often.
This is the first time I bought the blizzard kind though - it was a huge hit.

I usually skip the ice cream cake but wanted to try this kind so I had a little piece.
It was good.

Before he left, I wanted birthday pictures with my boy.

Nanny & her boy.
They have always had such a close relationship - he would do anything for her and he is her first grandchild so they have a special bond.

Me & my boy.
I am one proud mama to have such a loving, kind, happy, gentle, caring son!


Mr T came by to join in the celebration!

I pulled my bag of flip flops out that I never wear and let her go through and pick out some if she wanted.  Some of them I have never even worn.
I gave her a couple pair of heels too that I will never ever wear.

It was close to 11 when My Honey got home from the golf course tonight.
He was looking so tired.
I had saved him a piece of ice cream cake which he added some cool whip too then he put the cool whip away in the microwave.  Ha ha, he didn't even realize.
Just proves how tired he really is.
We spent a little time together before heading to bed.

He isn't at the golf course tomorrow but he does have to go to his other job.
I used to think him getting home after 7 pm was so late but now I am looking forward to it - I will finally be able to spend a little time with him.  Just he & I - I've been missing him so it will be nice!

That's a wrap for today.
Until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment