Sunday 18 June 2017

The Early Bird Gets to Make Breakfast

By 7 am, My Honey & I were on our way out the door.
I had a huge mug of coffee and was ready to go and prepare breakfast for 52 golfers.

On the way out I noticed that my little baby lilac bush actually had a bloom on it, so exciting.
I dug this up from my grandmothers yard in PEI last summer and my brother brought it home all the way across Canada in the back of his pick up truck.
I am amazed that it survived and even more amazed to see it blooming already!
I took one before and planted it at my place in Dartmouth and although it grew each year, it was 6 years before I saw a bloom on it.

Luckily it turned out to be a beautiful day for the golfers.
We made them pancakes, sausage, scrambled eggs and bacon for breakfast.

My Honey was getting a little creative with the pancakes.
It was a pretty quiet day after the breakfast and the men all headed to a supper and dance in town for the evening so we shut the kitchen and headed home for the evening.
We left the course open and told the girl working that we would be back at 9pm to help her cash out.
So we didn't have a lot of time at home but it was nice to spend a couple of hours together.

As soon as I walked in the house, I could smell the lilacs, before I even saw them.
Ms SV had cut some from her bushes and dropped them off today.
I get some from her every year.
I sure wish they lasted longer but I think their short life makes me enjoy them even more.

I had My Honey make a couple of taco salads at the course for us and mom so we had them for supper when we got home.

This is Professor Snuggles attacking me from behind.
This is where I sit on the couch and he likes to jump up and grab my hair.
Silly little kitty.

We were going to watch an episode of This is Us but couldn't find the Apple TV remote. We searched everywhere too.
So I checked in on Facebook again and another cool memory popped up.

This is a picture of my mom and my aunties taken probably about 13 years ago in the woods behind my Grandma's.

My son took it and gave it his little creative twist and I just thought it was awesome.
I would have never come up with the idea to doctor it up like this, I was impressed with his artistic expression.

Another memory from 9 years ago popped up.
I am with Ms NC at the dinner/dance for the oilmens golf tournament and this was the night that My Honey & I first got together.
I dragged my friends there because I thought he would be there and I am so glad I did because here we are today.
Guess that kind of makes this our 9th anniversary.
Can't believe it has been that long already.

So I just played a bit of Candy Crush to wind down and My Honey watched an episode of Dateline then we hit the sack!

That's it for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment