Sunday 4 June 2017

Burger Experimentation Day 2

I went out to the golf course again today, but today I went by myself.
A few of the guys from the office went out there so I sat with them (BN, JRA & CO).
My Honey made the Elvis Burger for CO to try and he really liked it.

I ordered the chicken strips which My Honey also makes homemade.
He added some fries and we shared lunch (I only had one fry).
I love the seasoning he makes for the chicken, they are deep fried so not the healthiest option but it is lots of proteins so I don't feel too bad about it.

I headed back to the office for the afternoon then because My Honey had no helper again today I went back to the golf course.
Between his two jobs, he isn't spending much time at home these days so I will be going out there often just to spend time with him.

He was busy making homemade sausage today and when I got there he was just taking it out of the smoker.

It smelled so good - I couldn't resist sampling it a bit.

My bit turned into a half of a sausage, it was just so good I kept cutting off a little more each time I walked by.
He puts this on the Swine Hills Burger and everyone who tastes it just loves it.

The weather wasn't great so there weren't that many golfers or diners but that allowed us to do some more burger experimentation.

This is two different kinds of cheese coated in a herbed bread crumb then deep fried.

We put two of them on the homemade potato bun and added some of My Honey's special burger sauce he created.

The SWEET CHEESUS!
Doesn't it look ooey gooey good?
I took this photo with my phone and sometimes I am just amazed with the quality of pictures I am able to take with my phone.

This is the cut view.
My Honey also put a third kind of cheese inside of the burger.
I thought it was very cheesy - great for a cheese lover but I needed something to break that up a bit for me.

I breaded some thinly sliced onions and added them which I thought added another dimension.
I think I would like to add a slice of sweet pickle next time as well.
We are thinking we could just add a couple to the top of the burger with a toothpick then the diner would have the option of adding them if they wanted.

Burger test number 3 was deemed a success by us!
We stopped there because we were both full but I am certain there will be more burger experimentation to come.

We headed home around 9pm again and watched a bit of
Gone With The Wind

As a teen I loved this movie, I saw it several times, read the book and even the sequel "Scarlett" that was written years later by a different author.

Being such a famous old movie I was surprised to discover that My Honey had never seen it, he loves old movies.
I've been telling him for sometime now that we should watch it together and it happened to be on the other night so we PVR'd it.
We finally had time to sit down and watch it tonight.

Turns out that it was in two parts and we only recorded the first part so that was all we could watch but I think My Honey enjoyed it and we will watch the rest of it one of these days.

That's all for today, until next time, be happy!


No comments:

Post a Comment