Sunday 4 June 2017

Cat Adventures

Woke up to a grey, drizzly day.
That's ok though - I have lots to do so I won't feel like I am missing out on the sunshine while I do it.

First on the agenda for this morning - Kitty Adventure.

Little Houdini (aka Professor Snuggles) escaped this morning while I was trying to let Max out.
Usually he is easily enticed back indoors with the sound of a can of his food opening.
But I guess his little belly was full this morning because it was a no go.
I tried opening a can of food, shaking his kitty treats and finally I chased him back and forth from the front yard to the back but I couldn't catch him.

He was determined to go on an expedition of the neighbourhood and that he did.

Although I wasn't crazy about the idea of getting another cat when My Honey brought him home, I have become attached and he is part of the family so I was worried that something would happen to him.

I had run a bath for myself just before the escape but it ended up going cold because I wanted to make sure I was near the door if he come back.

Eventually he did.

It kind of looks like he is mocking me here with his little kitty tongue sticking out.

I was just happy to see him and even though he may not have deserved it, I gave him some kitty treats.

I added some hot water to my bath and while I was waiting, hung up my new shower curtain.
I think it brightens things up a little.

While I was at it, I took a picture of this print I have in there, it's the Bumble Bee Girl and I just love her!

I was catching up on journaling/blogging this morning and came across the pictures of the smoked sausage My Honey made the other day and it got me craving for some.

He had to come home for a few minutes to pick up some Bay Leaves so I had him bring me a link.

It smelled Oh So Smokey good!

Just look at all those spices in there.
It is absolutely delicious.

I cooked up some egg creations to go with and had a protein packed brunch.

My brother called and asked if I could watch the kiddos again.
SIL had to be to work at 2 and my brother was scheduled to be home before that but ended up being a bit later.

Of course I didn't mind, I love seeing their little faces.

This one can barely sit still so I put on Thomas the Tank Engine to try to distract him.
Miss A wasn't happy with my choice but ....

She was the one that actually got comfortable and watched it.

Looks like he is tuckered out from his gallivanting today.

Finally he sat for a few minutes, not because he was particularly watching the show,

but because I gave him a cookie.
He licked off all the inside filling then fed the outsides to the dog, ha ha!

I just love these cookies, it would have been nothing for me to finish the whole box but I didn't have any at all.
I had wanted to try battering and deep frying them but forgot to take them to the golf course when we were experimenting.
Next time.

The kiddos were only here for an hour.
Mom had gone to church with a friend and they were attending two different services so I was home alone with the fur babies.

This movie was available for rental for .99 so I thought I would give it a shot.

It was ok - I don't think I would consider it brilliant.
I did like the character that Woody Harrelson played.

For supper tonight I made a batch of Crunchy Pea Salad.
I have been thinking about it for a few days now and thought it would make a perfect supper.
I had everything I needed except celery so I made a quick trip to the store to get some.
I picked up some sweet peppers and added them as well and it was soo good!
I had two bowls of it for supper.

Some Facebook memories popped up today.

Getting goodies in for the Color Run we organized last year.

This is what My Honey and I did one year ago on Saturday night, went to Walmart and took our blood pressure - why not?

This was two years ago at a little place we found in Edmonton - Vi's for Pies.

Trying to get in on my selfie or trying to hide from it?  Most likely the latter.

They have a charming little garden area to eat in out back.
I wish I had a fountain like this in my backyard, there is just something so soothing about water to me.

They make the most fabulous desserts - this was a lemon tart ( I go on a lemon kick every now & then) and it was tangy, lemony, sweet - I loved it.
My mouth is watering just looking at it right now.


A final memory, this was from a Pina Colada night we had at a friends 8 years ago.
I can't believe it has been that long already.
It was an impromptu gathering but ended up being the best time as often is the case.
I think I was rocking that cowboy hat!

My Honey was gone all day - they had a few customers out there in spite of the not so great weather.
I should have went out there to spend some time with him but I did need to get some housework and laundry done.

I am looking forward to him getting home soon so we can chat & cuddle a bit before I hit the hay.

Tomorrow is weigh in day and I am expecting a loss again.
I didn't track as much as I wanted to but I still think I did alright.
We will see what tomorrow brings.

Until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment