Wednesday 7 June 2017

My Boy is 25!

Tired again this morning but again that brilliant sunshine coaxed me out of bed early enough to be able to walk down to work again and enjoy it!

Today is my boy's birthday, can't believe he is 25 already.
Seems like just yesterday that I brought him home but also like it was so long ago at the same time.
When people say they grow up in a flash it really is true.
It was just he & I for so many years and even though I struggled through some of them, I wouldn't change it.
It made both of us who we are today and I am so proud of him.

This is one of my all time favorite pictures of him, he is such a little cutie patootie here!

This is he & I a couple years back at a work barbeque, he is just so stinkin' handsome.

This is him now with the new lady in his life and I completely & utterly approve.


I ended up staying at work through lunch to work on the books for the kitchen at the golf course so I cut up some fruit for my lunch.
I bought 6 Honey Crisp apples the other day and it came to just under $20 - Holy heck!
They are delicious though so kind of worth it I guess?

I wanted to make sure I cooked some supper for My Honey and as he wasn't due home til around 7 pm, I had a couple of these bad boys to tide me over for awhile

A perfect, quick, low point snack.

I dropped down to the store to grab some buns for scallop burgers and saw these, decided to give them a try.
I found them a bit on the tart side but with some sour cream I bet they would have been great.

Picked up some of this to try.
It was just under 10 bucks - hope it is worth it.

The potatoes just went in the oven for 15 minutes and voila!
Oven roasted potatoes (out of a bag).
I would have them again.

I cooked up some onions & baby scallops - the aroma of them cooking is so enticing.

I really wimped out and bought frozen green giant corn niblets.
I added the chipotle seasoning and some parmesan flakes.
The seasoning had a bit of a kick to it and I like it, not enough to pay 10 bucks for it again though.

I picked up some shredded coleslaw mix, added some onions, mayo, mustard and S&P.
I prefer my coleslaw made this way as opposed to using the coleslaw dressing, I find that dressing a too sweet for my taste.

I put the scallops and some coleslaw on fresh buns to make the scallop burgers, added the "lazy cook" sides and I think it turned out to be not a bad supper at all.

I wanted to do a little work from home tonight but couldn't get logged in to my virtual pc.

My dad called tonight looking to see if my son was around to wish him a Happy Birthday.
He has always been so good at remembering birthdays.

I told him about this blog - thought he might enjoy keeping up with the everyday things here as he is so far away and misses out.
I sure wish he lived closer or that we could at least see him more often.

If you are reading this dad, hope you enjoy it.
Love you!

That's all for tonight, until next time, be happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment