Saturday 24 June 2017

Last Friday to Work for the Summer! Woo Hoo!

Woke up well rested and it was a beautiful sunny morning so I was delighted to be able to walk down to work.
I got there nice and early too.
What a way to start the day.

Got some rosy cheeks from the walk & worked up a little bit of a sweat too!

Look at all that sunshine just pouring in my office window.
I just love mornings like this, It's like medicine for the soul.

For lunch I had the rest of the taco salad that I made yesterday.
It was a little soggy but still edible!

This afternoon I did some research on flights to PEI and booked mom a flight to go home this summer for a visit.
I would love to go to but My Honey will be busy all summer so we won't be going anywhere, at least not together.
I don't want to use any of my vacation time though because I want to save it to use with him so I was trying to figure something out.
We get an extra long weekend for August long so I looked at flights for myself for that weekend.
It's a little pricey for a 5 day trip but I called My Honey to get his opinion.
He said go - which I figured he would but it made me feel a little better about the decision.

So I ended up booking for myself too and I am so excited now.
I will get to see my sister and the boys, and my Grandma and all my relatives.
Plus my PEI that I love so much so I am really glad I just went ahead and did it.
No regrets!

We are fortunate to get Fridays off for the summer at our office and today is the last Friday we work before the "Fun Fridays" kick in so we were all a little anxious to get out of there today!
I think it's awesome that we get them and I am so grateful & appreciative - I hope to put them to good use this summer.

I decided to take mom to WCT today for a drive so I stopped by the house to pick her up after work.
This is a thing now, as soon as Ipad hears the door open or a truck in the driveway, he races over here to see what's up.
He turns right in and checks things out too.
It's kind of cute.

I took mom to the garden center and everything was on sale, buy one get one free so we went a little crazy again.
How could we resist?  The flowers are just gorgeous.
I got these two to put out front down at the office.
Although mine took a beating from the cold and wind here earlier this week so I may change my mind and keep these for myself if my others don't bounce back.

Found this one at the garden center too.
I am not sure what it is and I could only find one plant but I think that it I just beautiful so I had to have it.
There are a few more plant pots and boxes here so hopefully this weekend, if it is nice, mom & I can get them planted.

I stopped out at the golf course to make them some change on the way - there was a golf tournament going on and it was quite busy.

Mom & I got sandwiches at Tim Horton's for supper then headed home, we got home around 9 pm.

I kind of got lured into a game of Candy Crush that lasted for a couple hours, darn those infinite lives they give people!!!!!

When I went to bed I zonked out immediately though which doesn't often happen so that was good!

Tomorrow I am babysitting little Mr H for the day while my brother and SIL go to Edmonton for the day.
I am looking forward to it, haven't seen him for a few days!

Until next time, be happy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment