Wednesday 7 June 2017

Weigh In Day!

I was actually looking forward to weighing in this morning because I was feeling like I was going to have a good loss.............and I was right!

243.0 lbs!
Yay Me, that's down 3.6 lbs from last week.
Feeling in the zone right now!

Thought I would send a message to myself!

I picked these up at Walmart on the weekend and thought they would make a delicious, easy mid-morning snack but when I opened them, they were mushy and smelled fermented so I chucked them.
I bought the red ones before that were precut & they were good, not sure if it was because they are the yellow ones or if I just got a dud but think I will stick to the red from now on just in case.

I had to run out to the golf course at lunch to take them some change for the tils so I had My Honey whip me up a Taco Salad.
He made a giant one and we sat and shared it and just spent a little time together before I had to head back to work.
I see many of these in my future this summer.

I was very productive at work this afternoon and so was My Honey
He made a bunch of biscuits.
He makes the best burgers EVER!
I am glad he is making them out there because I would just eat them until they are all gone!

He also made a pile of potato buns, they use these for the hamburgers out there and they are so so good.
It is a lot of work to make everything from scratch like he does but you can almost taste the love that goes into it.
I think it is worth it - when you love it and want to create a really great product, I think people pick up on that.

After work I dropped mom off at a Steak Dinner they were having at the Senior Club here in town and I headed out to the golf course to spend some time with My Honey.

I took a few ingredients with me so we could do some more experimentation.
 
I took out Pineapple slices

and Spam.
Any guesses where this is going?
Stay tuned.

First off we tried another Elvis Burger.
We are having our first Burger Love this coming Thursday and this is going to be the first specialty burger so we want to get it right.
Also, I looked up some variations of it on the internet today and found that in some cases, they put banana on the burger too so we wanted to try it and see how it tasted.
It was awesome so it's official
The Elvis Burger will debut for one day only and it will be the potato bun, the burger, bacon, fried bananas and a GENEROUS amount of peanut butter.
Seems like such a strange combo but believe me, it works!

Here is the next burger in creation mode.
It has fried spam & pineapple.
Spam is big in Hawaii and pineapple makes me think of Hawaii so we are calling this one.....

The Big Kahuna!
We added lettuce, tomato, cheese and a little bbq sauce as well.
It tasted good but we have to work on the order of it though, it kept slipping apart as we were trying to eat it.

Our final test creation for the night was a burger between two grilled cheese sandwiches.
I sliced up some onion very thinly, coated it in seasoned flour and deep fried to make shoe string onion rings.

We added relish, dill pickles and ketchup and it was perfect.
I don't think this one needs any more tweaking in the taste department but we do have to come up with a name.
I will leave that part to My Honey, he has quite the imagination and is really great at coming up with clever names.

One of the girls that works out there (Miss SC) was sampling with us and kept mentioning that she wanted to deep fry a pickle.
So at the end of the evening, I took some of the dill pickles we had which are sliced thinly and I battered them in the corn dog batter My Honey makes from scratch.  Then I deep fried them.
They kind of clumped up and looked like little dill pickle fritters and they were absolutely delicious.
They were eaten so fast that I didn't even have a chance to take a picture.
Might make them again to use as a garnish on a burger.
Something to keep in mind anyway.

We ended up being out there quite late as a group of golfers was walking and had rented clubs so we had to wait for them to be returned before we could leave.

I was happy to hit the hay when we finally did get home.
My Honey is out there far more often than I am plus he works his full time job.
I feel for him, he has got to be so exhausted but he never complains.
He is doing this all for us, so we can maybe purchase a piece of property back in PEI for retirement.
What a wonderful guy, huh?
Boy do I every love him.

Anyway, that's it for tonight, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment