Sunday 18 June 2017

Double Decker Diet Wrecker Day

Feels like this week just started and now it's nearly over, holy cow, where did the time go?
I had several conference call meetings at work today, I didn't even go home for lunch.
Then right after work I went straight out to the golf course to spend the evening with My Honey.
It is the first night of the Oilmens, they get a free round so there were a few of us there to work at the bar and the kitchen.
In years past, the men really party it up this first night so we weren't sure what to expect.

Our first Double Decker Diet Wrecker of the evening.
Nobody had ordered one, they were all saying it looked like too much to handle.
So we made one anyway.

My Honey cut up so we could all share it.

Think Ms SC liked it!
I think she likes it when we do food experimentation too!  I know I do.

So did Ms SH!

In the end we had two customers order the DDDW.
Not a lot but at least it is getting people talking!

I brought out a few things for us to deep fry but it seemed everytime we went to do it, a customer would show up.
We did try some deep fried fudge-eo's and vanilla oreos, one bite brownies and one bite cinnamon rolls.
I put them all on a plate together then didn't know which was which so I started offering them to folks as deep fried dessert roulette.
I didn't even end up trying any of them myself.

I only had a little bite so I had My Honey fry me up an order of his homemade chicken strips for us to share.
They are so good!
The men didn't party as hard as we were expecting so My Honey and I were able to leave around 10:30.
He had to be back early to make the golfers breakfast and I had work in the morning.
We basically hit the hay as soon as we got home again.
This is going to be a very busy weekend, but I have always enjoyed working it so am kind of looking forward to it.

Until next time, be happy!



No comments:

Post a Comment