Tuesday 9 May 2017

Sunday Already?

Wow, the weekends sure fly by, don't they?

We had breakfast at the Refinery Grill this morning.
When we first found the place a few months back, it was pretty quiet.
Business is picking up though, it was quite busy today.
I'm glad for them though, it is a good place to eat.

I had an omelet with ham, green pepper & onions.
I didn't eat all of it and I left the hash browns behind even though they were tasty.

They make their own smoked meats there and that is what My Honey ordered.
It is really good and fresh.

We shopped for a few hours for stuff for the Golf Course.
We need things like to go containers, salad dishes, flour, sugar etc...
I also had to return a few things I had picked up yesterday that I tried last night & didn't like the fit of.

Then before heading home, we tried this little place that was voted #2 in Edmonton for take out food.

Then before heading home, we tried this little place that was voted #2 in Edmonton for take out food.

It was nice and clean which I like very much.

We each ordered chicken shawarma and My Honey ordered this "meat pie".
The bread is really good and fresh, so were the ingredients on the Shawarma.

They had these mixed nuts that were seasoned which we also tried.

The staff were very friendly and the food was quick.
We were impressed and will most definitely be back lots.

Next to it was a sweet shop, so we had to check it out.
We got an assortment of items - not sure what they were but they tasted good.  Very sweet.
I love nuts in baked goods but you don't often see pistachios, they use them a lot which is awesome - I love pistachios!

On the drive home we saw this fellow at the end of a driveway (how creative) - perfect photo op!

It was after 8 when we got home and we basically just packed everything into the house, put the groceries away and then it was bedtime.

Before you know it 6am will be here.

It was a nice weekend away from home with My Honey!

Until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment