Thursday 7 December 2023

Rough Morning and Busy Day (Dec.5, 2023)

I worked from home this morning until it was time to get Freya off to school.
I had a hard time getting her up this morning after our late night - I was getting frustrated and taking it out on her and I feel really bad about it.
She told me she didn't like me.

It's not her fault we left her up so late and then I should have given her more time to kind of ease into getting up this morning but I was busy working and kind of lost track of time.

I did manage to get her up and get her to school a couple minutes late and all was well.

She was ok when I dropped her off but I just hate having an interaction like that and losing my patience.
There is no need for it.

It was crunch time today at the office.
I had a lot of things I wanted to try to get done before the end of the day.
So I stuck to my office and just worked, worked, worked.

I headed out late for lunch and hopped on the treadmill to get today's work out in.
It was 5 minutes easy running, 30 minutes running at tempo then another 5 minutes of easy running.

With the warm up and cool down included it was 46 minutes in all.

Only a few more workouts to go before the half marathon is here.

I got a couple more projects completed - like this tree which I love - I made it with a wooden tree I picked up at the dollar store.

I also made this bell which I think turned out pretty good.
I took them to the hardware after work - I had spoken to the lady there and she said my shelf was looking pretty empty since light up.

I wish I had more time to make more stuff.
Maybe when we get back from vacation.

When I got home, I packed for our trip then I also got my new phone set up.

Jason came home from work a little early and packed then we were off to the city.
We wanted to see Freya before we headed out but they were gone to Whitecourt.

It seemed a little icy kind of between Fort Assiniboine and Whitecourt so it was a bit of white knuckle driving. 
But after that it was fine so smooth drive into the city.
I had called LA Nissan to see if I could drop the car there and get the winter tires put on and leave it there all week until we get back and they were fine with that.

So we checked into our hotel then drove the car down there and dropped it off.
We were going to walk back to the hotel but it was a long walk and it was late so we cabbed it.

Our flight is leaving at 7:30 in the morning so we booked the 5 am shuttle and tried to get some sleep.
We were at the Four Points by Sheraton and they have the absolute best beds, bedding and pillows.

I swear it is like sleeping on a cloud - I am going to research where they get their stuff and buy it for the bed at home.


I totally forgot to check my steps before I went to bed.
Rookie mistake because I was so close and it would have taken me no time at all to get that last steps that I needed.
Can't do it now though so it is what it is.

That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment