Saturday 9 December 2023

Off to Phoenix (Dec.6, 2023)

We were up early and on the 5 am shuttle heading to the airport. 

We made it through security with no issues at all and in very good time so we went to Chili's and grabbed some breakfast.

We are getting close - seeing the mountains.

We were early getting in to Phoenix, I think it was 10:30 when we landed.
We made our way over to the car rental area to pick up our vehicle.
We used Fox this time and we got a really Hyundai, Sante Fe.
It's a really nice vehicle.
We were out of there in no time and we couldn't get into our airbnb until 4 so we had to find some stuff to do.

We decided to shop a little and get that out of the way so we headed over to my favorite store, Hobby Lobby.

It's almost like torture because there are so many things that I would love to buy but I can only take so much stuff back in my suitcase.
All the Christmas stuff was on sale for 50% off and I loved this framed print.
I may even go back and get it later once I'm packing up to leave if I think I can fit it.

I thought these giant snowmen pillows were a great idea and I don't think they would be that hard to make.
I did get a bunch of fabric - it was on sale for 40% off but even at regular price it was still half what I would have paid at home.
I wanted to buy it all.

I got some rusty crusty stars and bells too so I was quite happy with that.

The area we were in had lots of stores so we just walked around and checked them out.

Came across a bakery, Kneaders, so thought we'd try it out.

Got some coffee to get a little pep in his step, we did have a pretty early morning.

It was so gorgeous out that we had to sit outside and enjoy it.

Nothing better than sunshine for the soul.

My Honey and I.

We tried a couple things, a double baked almond croissant.

Raspberry bread pudding.

Caramel pecan cheesecake.

It wasn't the prettiest baked goods we've ever seen but it was all delicious.

It was neat to see all the flowers in bloom.

Amazing to see in early December.


We came across the cookie place and Jason looked it up and it had really good reviews so we decided to try it.
Crumbl Cookies.

It was a really nice clean spot.

Like the pink.

I guess they change their cookie selection up weekly, these were the options they had this week.

When I saw the lemon poppyseed one had curd inside of it, I wanted to try it right away.

They boxed each of our cookies in these little individual boxes.

The cookies were as big as my hand.
Jason chose the chocolate chip cookie and both were fantastic.

We had enough sweet stuff and were hungry for some regular food, saw a chick-fil-a so headed over there. 
We each had a chicken sandwich.

Again, we ate outside because it was so nice and look at the nice flowers they had out there.

The leaves were so pretty.

We did still more shopping after our snack.
We went to a Dollar Tree and a Joann's and I could not believe all of the fabric they had in that place - Amazing.
I need to come back here on a craft supply shopping trip.
I could go crazy.

We finally made it to our rental - it didn't include a parking spot so we had to drive around 3 times before we could find a space to park but eventually we did.
When we went in, it looked like we were staying at Melrose Place.

It had a view of the downtown area.

It was a studio apartment with a kitchen and a small little table and couch.

There was a Murphy bed and it was actually quite comfy.

After we got checked in, Jason headed out for a run and I decided to make today my rest day and move my run to tomorrow.
So I just stayed at the room and tried to catch up on a bit of blogging.

Jason sent me this picture - he came across it while he was out running.
Said we were very close to the downtown area.

So when he got back, we went out for a walk around.
Came across this square with this pretty tree.

It was all lit up and it was so warm out.

There it is, just from another view.

We were hungry but it was late so there wasn't much left open.
We did find this place, Copper Blues.

It was a bar and there were lots of people inside but nobody outside so it was nice and quiet out there.

So that's where we opted to sit.

It was up on the second floor so had a nice view of the square area below.

There's that pretty ball tree in behind me.

I had a steak salad and it was really good.

Jason had a Phoenix Cheesesteak.
The food was good.

It was really quiet in the downtown area.

We walked back to the room and saw this tree along the way, so pretty.

Looking at Instagram and I blogger I follow recommended this book so I think I am going to check it out.

Saw a cute Elf on the Shelf idea, not that I do it but some of the things people come up with are very clever.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment