Thursday 24 March 2022

Some New Running Gear and Enough is Enough! (Mar.23, 2022)

 Miss Freya had school this morning so I took her and dropped her off.

Mom and Dad had planned on being home in time to pick her up but ended up calling me to say they would be later than they thought so I went back and picked her up at the end of her day.

They only go from 8:30 to 11:30.

Poor little miss was tired and immediately fell asleep as soon as we got home.

I left her napping on the couch while I worked.
She probably slept for about an hour then she came and sat in my office with me and played on her tablet while I worked.

Kody came to pick her up just before 3 so I decided to head out right away and get my 1 mile run in.
I didn't want to miss the nice weather.

My training schedule called for a rest day but of course I wanted to get my 1 mile run in.
I ended up doing 2k.

It kind of felt hard at first but once I got going it felt better.
My average heart rate was just below 160, 157 bpm.

My average pace and splits.
Nice to see it in the 6's even if I did only run 2 km.

Video check in.

After my run I headed down to the office to print off a few things and see if there was anything on my desk.

I did have a couple parcels there.

The headphones I just ordered came in already - I can't believe how fast they got here.

They are Aftershokz, I saw them on The Running Channel and I like that they don't go right in your ear.
I find the ones that do sometimes hurt my ear.

You are also able to hear what is going on around you which I think will make me feel safer when I'm running down the highway.
I'll be able to hear vehicles coming - I could hear them kind of with my other headphones to an extent, not always though.

I ordered an older version because they were cheaper, $84.95.
The newer versions were in the $229 range.

I figured I'd try the cheaper version first and if I like them then I'll consider maybe buying the more expensive version.

I can't wait to give them a try on my run tomorrow.

I didn't feel like cooking so I stopped at Subway and picked up subs for Jason and I and soup for mom for supper.
I have not been following WW at all and have been eating way more than I should and things that I should not be.
I can feel it in my belly and my weight is just creeping up and up.

Enough is enough.
Starting tomorrow I am going to get myself back on course - tracking my points and eating what I should be.

Haylee posted a few photos of her and Kody's impromptu trip to the city last night so I thought I'd share this one of my handsome boy.
Glad they were able to have a little get away together!


That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment