Sunday 27 March 2022

Procrastination Is Not My Friend (Mar.26, 2022)

 Since I'd gone to be so early last night, when Jason got up to leave for work, I woke up too and was ready to get up.

I couldn't believe it when I looked outside, winter had returned.

This is a couple hours later, it continued to snow all throughout the day.

I spent the morning getting caught up on PVR'd episodes of This is Us.
I'm going to miss the show when it's done, this is the last season.

I've been thinking about the desk/craft table that I want to make for my office.

My original idea had the table attached right to the wall but since I designed it, I've kind of since decided that I don't want it to be attached to the wall.

So I came up with a new design and I wanted to get started on it.
It is going to have two layers and I got one of them built.

Jason cut out all the wood I'd need for the original design but now that I've changed it, I'll need him to cut me some more pieces before I can finish the rest.

I'm glad I got a start on it though.

Once I got it put together, I gave it a coat of white paint then a couple coats of a clear varnish.
I think it will be just perfect for a crafting table and I can't wait to get the rest done.

I kept procrastinating on my workout all day long partially because my belly was still queasy and partially because I just didn't feel like running today.

Finally at 3:30 pm in the afternoon, I made myself go down and get on the treadmill.
It was -9 out and still snowing and windy so going outside just was not appealing to me at all!

I didn't run over a speed of 4.5 today, I kind of ramped up to the 4.5 and I felt like that was as fast as I could handle for today.

The training schedule called for a 4 mile or 7 km run today and I wasn't sure how I was going to do it, it was a struggle at first but I just kept going, one foot after another and eventually I got it done.

I watched running videos on The Running Channel on YouTube and I find that to be helpful when I'm running.

Video check in.

I was super happy that the work out was over and done with.

Even though I went super slow and it wasn't my best effort, I'm proud that I got it done.
The workouts that I really don't want to do but do anyway are some of the ones I'm most proud of even if they aren't the best.

I could have just skipped it but I didn't and that took dedication and determination.

Jason was having fun at work.
Having a 'light saber' fight with a busted light bulb.

I picked up a couple of frozen pizzas for us for supper because I just didn't feel like cooking.
My stomach was still bothering me - I'm not really sure what the problem is.

I felt very gassy and bloated all day and as the day progressed, it got worse.

I took some pepto bismal but it didn't help much and by 8:30 I was ready to call it a night.
I sure hope it feels better tomorrow.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment