Wednesday 2 March 2022

Most Remaining Covid Restrictions Lifted Effective Today! (Mar.1, 2022)

Are we finally coming to the end of the Covid Lockdowns?


Today in Alberta, most of the remaining Covid restrictions were officially lifted.

Masks have been ditched, indoor capacity limits, operating-hour restrictions and social gathering limits have all been dropped.
Mandatory work from home orders are also lifted but isolation periods for those who test positive for Covid-19 still remain.
Masks will still need to be worn in in continuing care and Alberta Health Services and in public transit but aside from that, NO MORE MASKS!
It's kind of nice to feel like things can finally get back to normal or to the new normal.

It's been a long haul, if someone had told me it would last this long back when it all started in March 2020 I never would have believed it!

With that announcement came another announcement at work which of course I knew would be coming.
We are to prepare to return to the office by Mar.14 unless something happens to change that so looks like life really will be getting back to normal.
While there are many things I've enjoyed about working from home, I am looking forward to being back to the office and seeing everyone.

I finished up the first week of marathon training and part of me felt like I should keep each sheet of the calendar as I complete them and the months pass but then I figured it would be better to just take a picture to keep and get rid of the actual page itself.

Had to put those big checks just so it would show that I completed what I had on the schedule!
So far training has been going good but I'm just starting, haven't really gotten to the hard part yet.
Just building up to it.

Kody had to go to WCT today and he didn't have a sitter so he brought Freya over to me at lunch time to watch.
Then he ended up getting called out to work so I had her pretty much for the rest of the day.

I had planned on running at lunch but that didn't happen, she just didn't want me to go out.
I did take her with me down to the office for a minute though so I could print a few things off and grab a few things off my desk.

After work, I headed down to get my workout in.

I did have a 3 mile or 5 km run on the schedule for today.

Freya wanted to come on the treadmill with me so I let her on for the warm up then convinced her to hang out with Mom until my cool down at which point I allowed her to get back on with me.

She did come over to the 'gym' side of the basement a couple times and mom would come with her and try to keep her busy.

The second time I was nearly done my workout so I told mom that she'd be fine and to just leave her so Mom could go back and sit in her chair and watch her show but Freya ran over and closed the pocket doors and wouldn't let Mom out.

Ha ha - what a little rascal she is!

Week two of marathon training - 3 miles/5k. My best time yet!

According to the plan it is supposed to be an easy run but I don't think it will hurt anything if I push myself a bit.
Before running at a 4.0 pace on my treadmill was about the fastest I could handle for long periods of time.
I've pushed that up to a 4.5 - 5.0 recently but I want to push it even further.
It won't happen unless I push myself a bit so I plan to do just that.
Mind you, it won't be every workout but when I feel like I can do it, I will.

Kody ended up working late so Freya stayed with me until just before Jason got home.
He was super bummed that he missed her.

She and I spent most of the evening watching videos of Encanto songs.
She just can't get enough of them, neither can I to be honest.
They are very catchy!

Jason is doing his vegetarian for a week challenge this week so I wasn't sure what to make for supper and just ended up having some leftovers.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment