Monday 28 March 2022

Great Run and Family Time Before Our Trip! (Mar.27, 2022)

I had looked at the weather forecast for today and I knew it was calling for more snow so I kind of figured I'd be doing my run on the treadmill again today.

The training schedule for today was calling for a 5 mile or 8 km run and I really wasn't looking forward to doing it on the treadmill.

Even though it was a winter wonderland out there, the sun was trying to break through the clouds, there was no wind and it was only -7 C out so I decided to just dress warmly and head outside for my run anyway.

My belly has been bothering me the past couple days so I figured I'd just take it easy on the run.

The trees were covered in hoar frost and looked so beautiful and there was barely any traffic so it was a very peaceful, quiet and beautiful run.
By the time I finished, the sun was out in full force and the hoar frost was melting off of the trees.

I completed the 8 km that the training plan called for.

My exercise details.
I really just took my time and you can see my average heart rate was down, 155 bpm.

You can also see that my average pace was way up, 7.59 min/km but you know, I am totally ok with that.
I thoroughly enjoyed my run this morning, it was one of those runs that remind a person why they like running in the first place.

Video check in.
I was happy with my run and also happy that I didn't procrastinate all day and got it finished first thing.

We had enough snow that I had to shovel the walkway, driveway and sidewalk when I got home but it was so nice out that I didn't mind at all.

I was actually thinking of putting my shovels away last weekend thinking we'd had the last of the snow for the season.
Boy was I wrong.

My belly was feeling much better today so I called Kody and invited them over for supper and asked if Freya could spend the night tonight.
Jason and I both wanted to spend a bit of time with her before we head out on our vacation on Wednesday.


Mom and I.

Kody, Haylee and Freya.

I made vegetarian chili and Freya wasn't really into it.

So I made her a baloney sandwich instead.
She just ate the baloney out of it and left the bread behind but whatever.

She fell asleep for a bit right around 5 pm.
I let her sleep but hopefully that doesn't mean we are going to have a super late night!

Turns out we didn't have that late of a night, thank goodness.

We had time for a few silly selfies and Papa and I each read her a few books before lights out.



Currently this is one of her favorites, Ten Creepy Monsters.
She is so into scary stuff!
(She most certainly does not get that from me).
I saw this and it cracked me up - this whole Vegas trip next week kind of all started because I was talking about how much I wanted to go to Hobby Lobby and how much I wanted Bonnie and Nadine to see it as well.

This memory popped up from our Vegas trip from 5 years ago, we were at Hoover Dam.
My, Jason and I have both lost a lot of weigh since then.
I can't wait to take a similar picture this trip then put them side by side for comparison.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment