Friday 4 March 2022

Hoarfrost is So Pretty (Mar.3, 2022)

I had a 3 mile or 5 km run on the plan for today and I decided to head outdoors on my lunch hour to get my run in.

As you can see we have lots of snow and it was a bit chilly but it wasn't windy and that makes all the difference.

I was cold when I first got started but I warmed up pretty quickly.

I appreciate my treadmill but it's so much nicer when I can run outside.

Everything was covered in hoarfrost and it just looked so pretty out there.

I did my regular route.
I like to go down the highway because it's usually clear of snow which means about half of my run is on bare pavement.
Running in the snow when it's melting is difficult, like running in sand.


The exercise details.

My run felt super hard today, it felt like I was barely moving however when I look at my average pace and splits, I actually improved since my last outdoor run.
That last bit that took me so long was up a really long steep hill in mushy snow - it was hard!

The afternoon at work went by pretty quickly.

I  was looking forward to a bath all afternoon so as soon as work was over, straight to the tub I went.
It felt so good - I soaked in there for a good long time.
I could never live in a house that didn't have a bath tub!

I went through my closet last night and purged a whole bunch more clothes.
I got Haylee to come over today to look through them to take what she wanted before I took them to the donation bin and she brought Freya over with her.
Of course Freya wanted to stay so she hung out with Jason for the afternoon.

She just loves putting on the Spiderman costume.

Spiderman just chilling!
She's so funny.

I had an FCSS meeting tonight - There were only 4 of us there but it was nice to see everyone.
Now that most of the restrictions have been lifted, they are looking forward to getting their in person programs back up and running.

When I got home, Kody was over visiting.
He really came to pick up Freya but she wanted to spend the night so we let her.
Jason is off tomorrow so he can hang out with her.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment