Wednesday 9 March 2022

Chuck E Cheese, Swan Pizza and the Hotel Pool (Mar.5, 2022)

The shower we ordered for the basement bathroom is in and we have to pick it up at the Home Depot in the city so we decided to go in for the night and take Freya with us.

She just loves going to the hotel and swimming in the pool.

I had a 3 mile/5km run on the marathon training schedule for today and I wanted to get that out of the way before we left so I popped down on the treadmill and got it done first thing.
Jason headed out into the cold to get his run done outdoors.
I wish I wasn't such a sissy when it comes to the cold!

Sweaty selfie.

Quick training check in.

After we both finished our runs, we showered, packed, picked up Freya and headed into the city.
The first stop we made was at the Nike store in South Common.
I wanted to get a new pair of sneakers and I ended up getting myself two pairs.
Jason got a pair as well.
I think we may have a sneaker obsession.
I just want to have a few different pairs to rotate through while I'm training so in my mind, it's totally justified!

There was a Chuck E Cheese right next door to the Nike store and neither Jason nor I have ever been to one so we decided to take Freya in to check it out.

They make you take a group selfie when you enter so you can show them when you are leaving that you have all the same people in your group which I think is a great idea.

We thought she might be hungry so wanted to get her something to eat first thing and she chose cotton candy.
Not exactly nutritional but ok for a treat now and then.

We sat at a table and she ate some of it then we bought some tokens so she could go play the games.

There were a few that were more geared to younger kiddos.

This one was just a ride and it went super slow.

She liked it at first but then she decided to climb off it while it was still moving.
We tried out a few other rides and games and Chuck E Cheese actually made an appearance.
She wanted to say Hi to him but didn't want to at the same time so we kind of just followed him around until he left.

From there we decided to go grab something to eat.
We were going to go to Sepp's but Jason did some Google research and found this Swan Pizza that had good reviews.
It looks like it's a chain but that doesn't mean it still can't be good.

Freya ended up falling asleep on the way there so Jason just went in and ordered a couple pizza's for us.
Turns out it was only take out anyway so that was fine.

Jason is doing his vegetarian week so we opted to try the Avocado one.

Then we also got a spinach one.
It was actually pretty good pizza.
 A different style than Sepp's and I think I like Sepp's more, but I'd for sure order it again.

After we had a few slices of pizza in the truck, we stopped at Winners then at the grocery store to get milk for the night and ingredients to make parfaits at the hotel room.

As soon as we got checked in at the hotel, we got changed into our bathing suits and headed to the pool.
We took the luggage cart back to the front on the way and Freya wanted to ride on it.

Wish this picture had turned out a bit clearer - love her big smile.

This is her favorite bathing suit.
She has several that I always bring with us and I let her pick which one she wants to wear and it's always this one.

It didn't take long for her to jump right in.

She would jump into Jason's arms over and over.

She just loves to swim.

She was pretty much stuck to Jason so while he played with her, I took a few pictures then headed to the hot tub and kind of hung out there and watched them.

She just loves the pool so much.
We stayed there right until it closed at 10 pm.

When we got back to the room she was 'so cold' we had to bundle her up in the blankets and get her a hot bubba stat!

Jason had booked us a King room but they ended up giving us a room with two queens so it was kind of a rough night.
I ended up moving to the second bed for a bit until Freya woke up at one point crying for me then Jason moved over there instead.

Not a big deal though, we survived!


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment