Wednesday 2 March 2022

Outdoor Run and Experiment Mishap (Feb.26, 2022)

 Freya slept all through the night but she was up super early.

I gave her a bath and washed her hair.
It just get knotted so easily.
I was brushing it out and she actually let me but she was starting to get tired so I had to show her a picture of how much I had left in order for her to let me finish.
She did let me finish after some convincing though and she even let me put a ponytail in it.

I had picked up a little craft kit at the dollar store yesterday so I got that out and let her do it.
It was just foam eggs that came with stickers and markers that you could decorate.

Making a SpiderMan costume?

Getting her exercise in for the day!

We did a lot of playing and watching tv for the day.
In the afternoon it was actually looking quite nice out so I decided to go out for a run.
I got Freya set up downstairs with Mom and she was all good for me to go.

Day 6 run is done!

Day 6 run stats!

It was really nice to get outside for a run - I can't wait for the weather to get nicer and the snow to melt away so I can do it more often.
I wore my new shades I picked up on the weekend at The Running Room.
They are for running so they don't slide down your nose when you sweat which was awesome.

This is what the roads look like around town, this is a main road and as you can see, it's just covered with snow.
It's packed down pretty good so it wasn't bad to run on today.

There is a sled rally going on in town this weekend so there is a lot of folks in town for it.
We do have tons of snow.
I saw one of the hotels in town had No Vacancies so that's awesome, I think it's been sometime since a hotel in town was fully booked up.
Snowmobiling is not my thing but I hope everyone that came for it enjoys themselves.

I ended up doing a bit over 5 k because I was just kind of guessing on the distance, normally I just run and kind of add or subtract streets depending on how I'm feeling.

I stopped really abruptly when I saw I'd gone over the 5k I was supposed to do but in hindsight, I don't think it really would have hurt anything if I'd kept on running for another km or so.

It was kind of far to walk and it took me about 20 minutes to get home.
Oh well, now I have more of an idea where the 5km mark actually is so I can adjust for next time.

The exercise details for the day.

My average pace and splits.
Not to bad I guess, hopefully when the conditions outdoors improve, so will my speed.

My brother Rob was getting himself some take out for supper so he called to see if Mom wanted something then brought it by and had supper with us.

He brought Freya some popcorn chicken too but she didn't touch it so he took it back home with him for Kody who was working late and would likely appreciate something quick to eat once he got home.

Mom and I.
The chicken caesar salad Rob brought for her was huge so she shared it with me and still had enough left over for a meal tomorrow.

Playing creepy clowns and zombies with Nanny.

More experiments with Papa.

They did a couple outside too and when they did the last one, some of the vinegar and baking soda ended up getting in Freya's eye.

Poor little dear, she was just in so much pain.
We wanted to flush it but she would not let us, she wouldn't even let us just look at it at all.
So we just kept switching out cold wet cloths and she'd hold them on her eye.
It was not funny at all at the time but she was saying things like "I really like my eyeball" and "this is my favorite eyeball"
It took about 10 or 15 minutes but eventually the pain went away and she let us have a look.
Her eye was red but aside from that looked ok.

She informed us that her eyeball was all better now, it didn't hurt anymore.
It was just a weird accident but Jason felt just horrible and so did I.

I think I'm going to order her some goggles to wear for any science experiments going forward.

Feeling better now and having a snack with Papa.

Look how she has her little arm around his neck- trying to make him feel better I think.

Such a sweet relationship between these two.

He just adores her and it's clear that the feeling is mutual.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment