Tuesday 15 March 2022

Snow, Snow, Go Away (Mar.12, 2022)

 I called my sister this morning to chat about Disney for a bit and we got talking about the weather.

She sent me a picture of her front yard this morning, it's looking like spring there in NS.

So I sent her back a picture of my front steps - looks like I'm going to be shoveling again.

We have so much snow here.
I keep hoping it will melt away and it does a little but then we just get more.

I picked up some free rapid Covid tests yesterday so Jason and I could test before we head to Las Vegas to make sure we are all clear.

It can stay in your system for up to 90 days and while the pharmacist figures we'll be ok since we had really mild cases, we just want to be sure.

We'll probably take them later in the week.

This is my kryptonite - it's why I just can't seem to stick to tracking my WW points.
But I went and picked up not one, but two bags of it yesterday.

I had to run 3 miles or 5k today and I was hoping to get outside but it wasn't very nice out there so I went down to my trusty treadmill.
I wanted to get it done and over with so it wouldn't be lingering over my head all day.

Super sweaty selfie.

Update for today.

After my workout I had a nice shower then treated myself to a pj&j biscuit.

Jason made them a while back and I had to put them in the freezer so I wouldn't eat them all.
He make THE BEST biscuits.

Mom mentioned last week that she wanted biscuits so I took them out for her mainly but of course I couldn't resist.
It was totally worth it too.
I think I might get him to make more so when I start doing longer runs I can have something to look forward to when I'm done.

Early in the afternoon the weather cleared up and got kind of nice and I felt like getting out of the house so I went to WCT for a drive.

I checked out the second hand stores and got some clothes for Freya and a couple things for myself too.

Then I got a few groceries and was going to make a Walmart stop but when I got out of my car, an employee was going around the parking lot letting people know they they'd had to close due to flooding.
So I didn't get to go there.
No biggie, probably saved me some money.

We discovered that there was a Swan Pizza in WCT so I stopped there and picked up a couple of pizzas for us for supper.
I had a slice right there in the car when I picked it up and it was pretty good.
I got the Beef Bacon and the Philly Cheesesteak.
I liked the Beef Bacon more - I really like their pizza sauce.

When I got home, the snow was melting a bit and soft so I tried to clear up the driveway a bit but I got tired of that pretty quickly.

Tonight is Spring Ahead for daylight savings time and Jason and I were just discussing it.
He doesn't like it, I'm indifferent but I saw this meme and I thought it was pretty funny.

Kody and Freya had a daddy daughter night last night and he posted this cute picture of the two of them.
I had planned on having her over for a sleep over tonight but she went and had a sleep over at her Grandma Crystal's with Zepplyn.
So I'll miss her but I think she'll have a good time.


That's it for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment