Thursday 28 May 2020

When Mother Nature Can't Make Up Her Mind (May 27, 2020)

Today's Daily Reason Why on WW Connect!

We really like to do a lot of walking and exploring when we visit a new place and I want to continue to be able to do that for years to come.

NCT was in Walmart and saw this swing.
She knew mom was looking for one so she sent me a picture.
If mom likes it, I think we will pick one up for her on Friday when we go to the city.

I want to go in and see if we can find a motorized ride on for Baby F.
I took Friday off so we could go do it in hopes that it might be less busy on a week day then on the weekend.
I'm still concerned about Covid-19 so I still want to keep social distancing as much as possible.

Got in 40 minutes on the treadmill today.
I hopped on twice for around 20 minutes each time again.
Jogged at a 3.2.

OH my hair!
I've gotten into the habit of having baths since I've been working from home and skipping washing my hair which gets so knotty after a couple days that I want to avoid it even further.
I never wash my hair every day anyway, it used to be every couple days but now it's more like once a week.

Mom had a prescription that needed picked up so My Honey and I walked down there to get it.
The sky was looking very foreboding on the way down, it suddenly got really windy, it was raining, it even hailed a bit at one point.
We were already half way there though so we just continued on.
Looks like my walk with NCT will be cancelled today.

We were only in the store for a few minutes and when we came back out, the sun was shining and it was beautiful.
Guess NCT and I will have our walk afterall.

It only took us about 20 minutes there and back.
It was 4 when I got home and technically I work until 4:30 so I went back to work.

At 4:30, the stormy weather had returned.
The wind was horrific and the rain was coming down so hard.
I figured the walk was back off again so I decided I'd worked until 5 to make up for the time I took to walk down to the pharmacy then I'd have a nice bath.

What do you know, when I finished up at work at 5, the sky was clear and the sun was shining so brightly that it was just begging me to come out for a walk.

So I texted NCT to see if she still wanted to go.
She did.
My Honey came with us for the walk.
Even though the sun was shining it was on the chilly side but it was still nice to get out.

My Honey cooked up chicken and shrimp for supper and cooked up some romano beans as well.
Beans are high in points but they are so good for you, so I just had a very small portion.
I made us a salad and supper was so good.

My Honey was tired so laid down for a bit of a nap and I considered getting in the tub but then decided to see if he wanted to get out for a bit of a bike ride.
I was kind of hoping he'd say no since he was laying down but he didn't and in the end I was really glad.

We went for a short ride, that little hill felt just as difficult as ever.
I realized that one of my brakes was rubbing on the tire so when we got home, My Honey fixed it.

While he was working on that, I started taking some of the light strings off of our tree out front.
They don't work and we've been wanting to replace them for a couple years but just never get around to it.

While I was doing that, my son called.
He was feeling anxious like he does sometimes so he was out walking.
Miss H is working so she and Baby F are at her grandparents in Barrhead.
I told him to come to my place and help with the lights to get his mind off of things so he did.
He was right up in the tree reaching stuff that I couldn't - it was a big help.
I think it helped him too because he had something else to focus on.

Lots of branches seem to be dead on the tree and were falling off so we gathered all of it up and My Honey took them to our fire pit and started a fire.

We relaxed around it for a bit, mom came out and joined us.
It was very cold.
There are having a heat wave back in NS and we are here freezing our butts off.

Around 10 we called it a night.
I was so cold that when I went in, I decided to have my bath after all to warm up.
Plus I got my hair washed so it was a win win.

It was late when I got to bed finally, I"m going to pay for that in the morning but it was a nice evening so all worth it!


That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment