Thursday 18 August 2016

Why I Blog

It's my Friday, boy do I ever love having Fridays off in the summer.  It's going to be hard to go back to 5 day weeks in September, that's for sure!

 So it's looking like that time again.  Seems like I just dyed it not that long ago.  Thank goodness for my mama!

 I never get tired of checking out the latest blooms in the flower bed.  These were the new beauties today.

 Changed it up today and made myself a yummy chicken salad sandwich on flax seed bread with baby kale.  The bread was so nice and soft, it was a perfect lunch.

 On the side I had some pickling cucumbers fresh from the farmers market and some of My Honey's spicy pickled beans and garlic which are just the perfect amount of hot.  I could eat the whole jar of them they are just that good!
I reached a new Fitbit goal today.  These are kind of fun to see when they pop up!

 My Honey made breakfast for supper.  Scrambled eggs, bacon & toast (I skipped the toast because I had bread at lunch time).  These were the best scrambled eggs I have ever had.  I am not sure what he put in them or why they were different but I practically licked my plate!  Sooooo delicious.

Then My Honey was off to work (he is working nights this week).
My family was coming over to have cake for my son's girls birthday. Her birthday was actually on Sunday but with our work schedules and other obligations, today was the first day we could all get together (and we were still missing a couple).  That's bound to happen I guess with so many people all working and just living life!

 Oh oh, Mr. Busy is here!  One of my favorite little guys in the whole entire world.

 That's Max between my mom & my brother.  He never leaves my mom's side if he can help it.  I am glad she has him, he is a great companion.

 Found the noise maker, now the party can start.

She was surprised we had a gift for her, she is so sweet.

 Blowing out the candles is fun no matter how old you are.

 Just waiting for some cake!

 Max is hoping for some cake too! He got some of course!

" What do you mean you want this remote back?  I need to play with it!"

 Best place to sit when you are having cake and ice cream?  Right on the table, that's where!

 Getting a little brave.  His next move was to try to touch the candle so he was whisked off the table in a hurry after that!
It's tough to scold them when they are just so darn cute but it needs to be done sometimes for their own safety.

Time to go home, check out those super cute crocodile crocs, awesome!

Ok, so this is the part where I tell you about why I write the blog.  By the time the family went home and I had the place cleaned up it was 8:30 pm and I still hadn't worked out.  I was being very diligent about walking every hour though so I had over 15000 steps for the day.  I sat on my couch and decided that I would skip my work out for today.

Then as I was sitting there, I remembered the blog and realized that if I didn't work out, I would have to report on the blog that I had not worked out today and I totally did not want to do that.

So...................Accountablitity, that is why I write the blog.

I am not sure to who but it makes me feel accountable and so I got ready and at 9pm I started my workout.

 I covered over the display, turned up the music and just jogged for five songs.  I jogged for 22 min straight & although it wasn't the toughest, longest work out ever, it was a work out and for that I am so proud of myself!

Got 'er done!

 Side note - this was one of the five songs and I am so digging it right now. 
It gets me super pumped up! 

I love the lyrics to a bunch of her songs, she has a great message promoting self worth/love and I think that is awesome!

 Fitbit Stats - Nailed it again! 
I am feeling great! 
Doing something, anything, is better than laying around thinking about how I should be doing something. 

Food today:
Breakfast - Cranberry Clusters, All Bran Buds, Banana, Almond Milk
Lunch - Chicken Salad Sandwich with Baby Kale, Cucumbers, Pickled Beans & Garlic
Supper - Scrambled Eggs & Bacon
Snack - Yogurt, Almonds, Pumpkin Seeds & Sunflower Seeds

Looking forward to sleeping in a little tomorrow, cuddling some with My Honey when he gets home from work and then the day is wide open and you just never know what wonderful things the day may bring.

Until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment