Tuesday 2 August 2016

Off to a Good Start

First off, today is this handsome little dude's birthday.  My nephew D turned 4 today.  I wish I was closer so I could hang out with him today.  This is an old picture of him but it is one of my favorites.  He is fun, cuddly, smart, loving, and happy-go-lucky, I just love him to bits!
Happy Birthday Buddy!


Today was a good day!  I was feeling like enough is enough and it's time to get down to business and I did.  I love these days where I feel like I am on the right track and I can do anything.  I know I can if I put my mind to it and each day that I am committed and make good choices is a step in the right direction.

I don't plan on documenting everything that I eat everyday on here forever but for now I think it might prove useful to me.
So here it is:
Breakfast - cottage cheese, yogurt, bran buds
Lunch - spinach & onion omelet, mango
Snack - DELICIOUS nectarine
Supper - Steak, ear of corn, salad w/tomato, onion, cucumber and avocado

I didn't count the calories or anything but I stayed on plan with the kinds of foods I wanted to eat.

 This is the omelet My Honey whipped up for me for lunch.  I'm not usually a big fan of spicy hot but I love the taste of Siracha so I add it to lots of my food.

 Also picked up some mangos at Costco yesterday and they were very ripe, sweet and soooo delicious.  I ate a whole one myself for lunch.

After work I popped over to my brother's place to drop off some baby wipes I picked up for them and this darling little face greeted me.  He loves making fish lips and he wanted me to pick him up right away and didn't want me to put him down, awww.  Just makes my heart happy!

When I arrived home, My Honey had supper all prepared for me.  Goodness do I love that man!

Visited another old friend tonight, Mr. Treadmill, we were both happy to see each other I think!

Started with a warm up to this song, I am not sure why it struck a nerve with me but I just really enjoy this song.  It never gets old for me no matter how many times I hear it.

Read on one of the blogs that I enjoy reading that this documentary was now available on iTunes so I rented it (probably should have just bought it).  I watched part of it while working out and am saving the rest for tomorrow nights work out.

I worked out!!! These are my stats for the workout.  I feel like it was a good start and I am pleased.

And these are my Fitbit stats for the day.  I reached all of my goals except the 250 steps each hour for the 12 hours from 7am to 7pm.  I missed the goal between 1-2 pm.  I had a meeting that started at 1 and it went a bit late.  I will get it tomorrow though.  I just get up every hour and make two laps around the office.  When I first began doing it I felt a little foolish but now everyone is used to it and they pay no attention to me when I walk by twice every hour.  It adds about 3000 steps to my day so it is a pretty good habit to get into.

Well that's all for today.  Until next time, be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment