Thursday 11 August 2016

It's the Freakin' Weekend!

Yay, the weekend is here.  I love my job but I love the weekends too, especially in the summer when we get extra long weekends.

 My Honey sent me this last night, he took it out in the field yesterday at work.  He said the deer sat there for quite awhile looking at him.  I really like the way the picture turned out.

 We have a "Words of Wisdom" board at work as well which has become quite popular.  All of us in the office and those that drop in look forward to reading it each day.  This was today's quote and it cracked me up!

 Today was a sad day at work, our lead administrator who has worked at our office for 22 years will be transferring to another area and today was her last day.  One of our foreman who has been there forever left us today as well.  It is going to be so strange to come to work next week and not see them there.  Our co-workers really become our family and I am going to miss them.  We took her for lunch to a little local place and I saw this sign, I loved it. I forgot to take pictures of us at lunch though :-(

 This popped up on Facebook today, my niece, Miss A, from a few years back. 
So adorable!  She is growing up so fast.

 I had a great workout today.  I covered the screen again and this time did 7 songs.  That got me to just over 28 min so I said "what the heck" and continued on to 30 minutes.  So proud.  After only 1 week back at it, I can jog for 30 minutes without a break.  I felt good too so after a couple minutes walking, I jogged for 3 more songs which turned out to be 11 minutes. 

I like doing that sometimes, just covering the display and counting songs.  They vary so much that it is always kind of a surprise to see how long I have been going for.  Also, the time seems to go faster when I am not watching it.

My mom found this gorgeous frame and thought we might like it (we love it).  My Honey painted a piece of wood with chalkboard paint, put it together and it hangs in our kitchen.  It has become our grocery list chalkboard.  See all the important things I need to buy when I go to the city tomorrow?

I lent it to my mom tonight for a project she is doing so needed to take a picture of my list before I washed it off.

So it's blueberry season here in Alberta.  I don't lose My Honey to golf, or darts or boys night out, but I do lose him to the patch, the blueberry patch that is, Hee Hee!
He is a little obsessed, which is so cute. I worry a little when he is out there picking because he is alone and the bears like berries too but I just can't stop him.


He was out picking tonight and here are the fruits of his labour, literally. 

 He loves how they taste, he truly enjoys picking them and could do it for hours.  Me, not so much.  I know they are good for you, full of anti-oxidants and all that but they have some kind of after taste that I just don't care for.  I keep trying, hoping that my taste will change but so far no luck.

I always say that my dislike for blueberries stems from my childhood when we would visit PEI and our parents would take us cousins all to pick them and sell them.  We would use the money to help pay for groceries while we were all visiting at my Grandmothers (there were a lot of us!)
To be honest though, all I have of those times are fond memories of spending time with my family.

Right now he is out in the kitchen baking a pie.

I am sure it will be delicious but thankfully I will not have any problem passing on this dessert!
I will post a picture tomorrow of the finished product.

Fitbit totals (I had a hard time getting my Fitbit to sync tonight for some reason)
Bummer, I missed an hour for the 250+ steps.  I know it was at lunch because I went directly from a meeting to our lunch.  I should have walked around a bit more but I was distracted!
There is always tomorrow to try again!

Food for today:
Breakfast - Special K Protein Cereal, All Bran, Bran Buds, Almond Milk
Lunch - Chicken Soup, Breakfast Burrito
Snack - 1/2 banana, watermelon, 4 mini dry pepperoni sticks
Supper - Chili

Until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment