Wednesday 24 August 2016

Weigh In Wednesday #4

I noticed this morning that it was still kind of dark outside when I woke up.  It is much more difficult to get out of bed when it is still dark out.  I am not looking forward to the short days of winter.  It is dark out when I go to work and then it is dark out at home time.  Along with the warm weather, the long days are why I love summer so much.

Today was weigh in day.
  I was anxious to see how I did, I hoped for a loss but I didn't want to be disappointed and I wasn't.

 I weighed in at 248.2 which is down 1 lb. I was happy to see a loss. It may not be a huge one but it is going in the right direction and every pound down is one step closer to my goal.
So I'll take it.

 I also decided to take a body fat measurement.  I am not sure how scientific or accurate this is but I figured that as long as it was consistent I would have a starting point which would allow me to monitor my progress.  I think I will try to remember to take a measurement at least once a month to see if there is any change happening.

 This is the cereal I have been having for breakfast since I ran out of the Special K Protein.  I like it ok but not as much as the Special K.  Guess it's time to go for a grocery run.

 I made myself an egg scramble for lunch.  I added baby greens, imitation crab, cheese and onions.  Sounds kind of strange but it was good.  The mini cucumbers were good too.

I got all my walks in today and was able to do them outside.  You can definitely feel fall in the air, especially first thing in the morning.  The air is crisp & fresh, beautiful walking weather.

 My Honey made sweet potato fries and burgers for supper.  I made my famous dipping sauce.  I love burgers.  Today he made thin, squashed ones, he saw on a show that they get a better crust on them that way and they did.  It was yummy.

Most days after work I sit and relax for a bit, play a little Candy Crush or Sugar Smash on my Ipad.
It's a bit of a gamble because once I am sitting for a bit, I don't want to get back up for anything (I have been making sure to go down each hour for 5 minutes to reach my 250+ steps/hour goal).

  I am much better off if I head right down stairs onto the treadmill and get my work out done.  I usually end up being more energetic afterwards which means I get other things done.

Well today was one of those days where I just kept playing and put off going downstairs.  At 5:58pm I realized that I hadn't done my 250+ steps for the 5-6pm slot.  I ran downstairs and hopped on the treadmill but it was too late, I couldn't get the steps in so I was kind of bummed that I missed that goal for a silly Ipad game!

 My belly was bothering me a bit again today & I so didn't feel like working out but I did.  I know I workout better to music so I went down, covered up the display, cranked some tunes and got to work.  At first I told myself I would jog for 5 songs, by song 4 I was feeling pretty good and thought I could push it to 6 or 7 songs.

Unfortunately mid song 5 and REALLY had to use the washroom (too much information?).  I made it to the end of the song, paused the treadmill, ran & took care of business then hopped back on.  I didn't look to see how long I'd been on for because I wanted to see how long I could go. 

I ended up jogging for 9 songs which took me to about 42 minutes.  I jogged all but the first song at 4.2.
It's kind of like little mind games that I play with myself.  I keep talking myself into reaching one goal and then another and then another and pretty soon, I have had a really great work out.

So workout complete - I pushed myself too so YAY me!

Fitbit Stats - Well there it is, can't believe I missed that one hour for silliness but that's the way the cookie crumbles sometimes.

I have a dentist appointment tomorrow so I will only be working until noon.  Then after that we will be heading to the In-Laws which is about a 4 hour drive so it is unlikely that I will get all 12 hours of 250+ steps in.  I am going to try my best though.

  My Honey knows I am trying and he'll stop and let me run around for a few minutes every hour if I want to.  He will even do it with me, that's how wonderful he is!

We are taking a different route then we normally do so I am looking forward to seeing some new sights on the way. 

Well that's it for tonight, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment