Saturday 6 August 2016

Hanging with the Family

I wanted to make sure I got my 250+ steps per hour so I got up just after 7 am and went up & down the stairs a few times, then I went back to bed.  Then at 8 am I got up and did the same thing.  I finally got up around 9 am.  I really wanted to reach that goal today.
 I had a bowl of my favorite cereal for breakfast.  It has 9 grams of fibre and 10 grams of protein plus it tastes delicious.

 I added some pumpkin seeds too just for some extra crunch.

 I picked this up yesterday, I usually get the low fat one but thought I would give it a try.  I prefer the other but it will do.  I sure wish they would get the pumpkin spice kind I had a few years back in NYC.  I just loved that one, think I went through two containers in the week we were there.

 Lounged around in my new kitty cat jammies I bought myself yesterday and watched a movie...
It wasn't as good as the original (are they ever?) but I enjoyed it.  I had to pause it a few times so I could run around and get my 250+ steps in!

 I made this for a co-worker a year or two ago and when I made it she only had three grand-children and I had put two blank stars on it just in case. 
 Good thing I did because there are no empty stars on it any longer!

There it is all done, one project knocked off my list for this weekend.

 On to the next project.  I put a layer of tissue paper on the fairy jar and left it to dry. 
I added a little water to the glue because I thought it would be easier to spread on the jar but it ended up being too runny and the tissue paper ripped.  I hoped it would look ok when it dried but it didn't so I just soaked it in water and it's back to square one.  Guess I won't have it ready to give to her tonight but I will just complete it at a later date and surprise her with it.

 Next I wrapped up some gifts.  This is the sign I found for my SIL.  I love sayings and quotes and thought this was a nice one, hope she likes it too.

 Presents all ready to go.  Feels so good to get things done.

 I hopped on the treadmill around 2 pm.  I wanted to get that out of the way before the family all came over for supper tonight.  I decided to just run/jog for 5 songs and that took me to 18 minutes so I said what the heck and kept running until 20 minutes were up.  I walked for 2 minutes then ran for 15 more.  I feel good that I am pushing myself.  Working on endurance first then I will start pushing myself to get my speed up. 
After work out, sweaty selfie!  Love the feeling of a finished workout, especially when I know I pushed myself!
 Made a freshi bowl for lunch but couldn't finish it so put it in the fridge for tomorrow.

 Next on the "to-do" list for today, raspberry cheesecake.  I made the crust then put a layer of raspberries on top.  They were picked from my in-laws garden and were frozen so I let them thaw and let most of the juice run out so it wouldn't wreck the crust.

Then I kind of just winged it for the cheesecake part which I have a tendancy to do.  It is silly of me because I could just google a recipe in minutes or we have a ton of cook books (My Honey is addicted).  It did end up not being as firm as I would have liked but thankfully I didn't mess up horribly and have to throw it out.

 I tried to drizzle some of the juice on the top and make a pattern with a toothpick.  They always make it look so easy on cooking shows but mine didn't quite look like the ones on TV.  Oh well, it tasted good (I did have a little piece).

 I love having the family over, we are all so busy with work and life that I cherish the times that we do get to spend together. 

My supper - I did have a bit more salad than that but ate some of it before I remembered to take a pic.

 Happy birthday time for mom & daughter.

 Mr. H was looooving the cheesecake! 

 Ha ha, Miss A looks grouchy here but she was actually giggling and tickling her little brother.  She is a good big sister.  Little Mr. H loves to just lay on pillows on the ground. 

 My other niece & her friend joined us also.  She misses out sometimes because of work so I was glad that wasn't the case today.

 Loving her new bracelets and "hair"!

 Not hard to tell that someone is a Frozen fan.

 Couldn't leave little man out so he got a new chair. He carried it around more than he sat in it!

 My brother provided the entertainment!

 My son is happy that his girl is finally home from vacation.  This was her first time coming to a family dinner.  I look forward to seeing more of her!

I DID IT!  Finally, I got 250+ steps every hour for 12 hours.  I knew I could do it!

Food today:
Breakfast - Special K Protein, Skim Milk, banana, pumpkin seeds
Lunch - Freshi bowl
Supper - Steak, Caesar Salad, cucumber, tomato, small piece of cheesecake.

All in all it was a great day, sure love me some family time!

Until next time, be happy!


No comments:

Post a Comment