Monday 8 August 2016

Monday, Monday!

I weigh myself on the scale at work and I really wanted to weigh myself this morning because I feel like I have been doing well at staying on track but I decided not to.  Sometimes, if I don't see the results on the scale that I feel I should, it can be discouraging.  It can also work the opposite in that if I see excellent results, I sometimes scale my efforts back a bit.  I want to use the scale as a tool, but I don't want it to depend on it solely to measure my results.  I think one weigh in a week will be sufficient so Wednesday it will be.
It really shouldn't matter what the scale says any way because I know that I am putting forth the effort!

 Had this on my cereal this morning, it is my favorite flavor of Silk!

 Went out to the golf course for lunch with the ladies at work to celebrate our lead admins bday.  I ordered the Chicken Quesadilla.  It had tons of cheese on it and it was very good.  I usually don't finish them but I did today! 
We were hoping to eat outside on the patio but it was rainy out so we had to eat indoors.

 My mangos are starting to turn from ripe to rotten so I cut one up for a snack after work.  I was able to salvage most of it and it was YUMMY!

 I kind of wasn't feeling into a work out today either but as soon as I got on the treadmill that changed.  I covered over the display and just jogged for 6 songs (3 @ 4.0 & 3 @ 4.1) When the 6th song was done, I was at 23 minutes so I kept going to 25 minutes.  I walked for two minutes and then covered the display up again and jogged for 3 more songs (4.0, 4.1 & 4.2) which ended up being 12 more minutes.  I was feeling great and so sweaty!  And I love, love, love the feeling of a completed workout.

Some days I am in the mood to work out and some days I am not and that is ok.  On the days I don't feel like working myself I tell myself that I'll just do 20 minutes and then I will stop. What's 20 minutes?   Most days, once I get on the treadmill, I end up feeling better and I push harder and stay on longer but then there are the days that I struggle to get to the 20 minutes before stopping.  That is OK too, we don't have to be perfect everyday. 

I have learned from all my past efforts at weight loss that I can't be too hard on myself.  I used to have the all or nothing mentality which always led to failure.  I would do everything 100% for awhile then eventually for some reason (sometimes beyond my control, sometimes not) I would miss something and then I would just give up entirely and go on a binge. It happens sometimes but I know that if I just keep at it, little by little, I will achieve my goals.

We are so hard on ourselves, I don't think most of us would ever dream of saying to others what we say to ourselves and so I am trying to be conscious of that this time around.

After my workout I prepared myself another freshi bowl.  I am really enjoying these.  I added cottage cheese to my bowl tonight.  Adding a tablespoon or two of everything I have ready to go ends up making a giant bowl which is probably why I haven't been feeling hungry.  I couldn't finish it tonight though so lunch for tomorrow is ready!

Fitbit finals for today.  Darn it, I missed an hour for the 250+ steps. 
I thought I got some steps in every hour but somehow I missed an hour.  It's a bit disappointing because I try really hard to reach this goal but that's ok, I can always try again tomorrow.

Meals today:
Breakfast - Special K Protein, Bran Buds, Almond Milk
Lunch - Chicken Quesadilla with salsa & sour cream
Snack - Mango
Supper -Freshi bowl

Until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment