Tuesday 23 August 2016

Ending on a Good Note

This morning started out grey and gloomy again.

 This is what I arrived to at the office.  You can see how windy it was yesterday!

 At least it wasn't raining though so I was able to go back outside today to do my hourly walks.

 Since it was so delicious yesterday, I made myself the same salad again for lunch.

 I tried a new dressing with it though.  I don't usually go for creamy dressings, I prefer vinaigrettes, but wanted to change it up a bit and try something different.  It was good.

 One of our mechanics out in the field made this blueberry/apple pie and dropped it off at the office for us today.  He made it from scratch and he even smoked it in his bbq.  I have an aversion to blueberries but I did take a slice home for My Honey to try.

 My Amazon order arrived today.  It's always exciting to get a package in the mail even if it is from myself, ha ha.
I ordered his calendar so I could put the 10K training schedule in it and hang it close to my treadmill.  It was on sale for 5 bucks or something (which it should be seeing as how more than half of 2016 has gone by already) and I liked the artwork & the messages.

I ordered this little MP3 player for myself as well.  It was cheap and it only has 8 GB of storage (but it will take a memory card).

 I wanted it because after I bought myself a pair of wireless earbuds I realized that my Ipod is not Bluetooth compatible.  Hopefully I will be able to sync some of the music I have purchased on iTunes onto it (I have purchase a ton of music from iTunes).

Also, it kind of annoys me that I can't pick and choose music from my iTunes library to put on my Ipod, it has to be all or nothing.  I have Christmas music, children's music, classical, spa, relaxation, oldies, just all kinds of stuff that I don't necessarily want to listen to while I am working out. I did purchase all these different genres and I do want to keep it in my library on my computer, I don't really want it on my Ipod. 

My plan is to only download workout type music on this MP3 player. The reviews on Amazon were ok so I'll give it a try.


 One of the guys at work was telling me about these books he found all about good places to eat in Alberta so I looked on Amazon and found them.  I ordered them for My Honey and they arrived as well.

They both have all kinds of information on good restaurants, farmers markets, specialty shops, farms, festivals and just all kind of information to do with food in Alberta.
I thought they would make great companions for our next Alberta road trip.  Finding little out of the way places is something that is right up our alley.

 I wrapped them up for him and was going to give them to him just before he went to work so he could open them once he got there.  I figured he could do some research tonight to see if there might be a place we could check out on the way to his parents place on Thursday.
I can never contain my excitement though and got him to open up the gift as soon as I gave it to him.

 Supper was an easy one.  I went to the store and picked up a couple of already prepared salads and some crab flavored Pollack for some protein.  A little weird maybe but it hit the spot.
I had a bran muffin too, I took it to work with me today to snack on but I forgot about it so I had it tonight for my dessert.

 I also picked up some watermelon at the store but was so stuffed after the bran muffin that I decided to save it for tomorrow.

While I was at the store My Honey texted me to tell me there was a beautiful rainbow outside and that I should take a picture of it for my blog.  He sent me this picture to show me. 
The day started out gray and gloomy but the sun came out and now it's ending on this beautiful note.
Seeing a rainbow never gets old.

 For my work out tonight I did 5 jogs of 5 minutes with 1 minute of walking between each.
I feel like I could have pushed myself harder but at least I got a work out in.

I just realized that I only have 7 sets of stairs completed today so I am going to go and run up and down the stairs a few more times so I can reach that goal.
DONE! Bet you didn't even miss me :-)

My food for today:
Breakfast - Protein Cereal, All Bran Buds, Skim Milk
Lunch - Chicken, greens, tomato, cucumber, onion, sunflower& pumpkin seeds & sweet pepper salad
Supper - Chinese Noodle salad, macaroni salad, veggie salad & imitation crab
Snack - Bran Muffin
Fitbit Stats for today - OMG, I missed an hour, I don't even know how that happened, I thought I was being so careful!
Tomorrow that will NOT happen.
I had a bit of trouble getting my fitbit to sync up tonight, I hope that isn't a sign.  I'll just think of it as a little glitch.

Tomorrow is weigh in day.  I am not sure what to expect.  I didn't "work out" three days over the weekend but I was still fairly active for two of those.

My eating did not get out of hand though and that is pretty important so I feel like I am going to see a drop in my weight.  If I don't however, I am still going to soldier on.  Step by step I will get there.

I feel like all the things I am doing to reach my goal are things that I am willing to do for the rest of my life.  I don't feel overwhelmed or denied anything which to me is crucial for success.

I know I could starve myself and work out until I drop but I could only manage it for so long and once I stop I would be right back where I started (or even worse off than before). 

I have to keep in mind that it is always a work in progress too and some days I may just naturally want to work harder & eat less while other days the opposite will be true and with no real rhyme or reason. 
The significant thing is that I am aware and I try my best keeping in mind that my best one day looks different than my best on another day. 

Having a bad day doesn't mean I am failing either, it just means I am normal and tomorrow is another chance to have a better day!

Finally, having faith is imperative. 
If I have absolute faith that I can achieve my goals I am certain that I will.

Anyway, I am off to get my beauty rest.

Until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment