Tuesday 30 August 2016

Dentist then In-Laws!

I am playing catch up here a little so I will just get to it.
I had a busy morning at work, I knew I had to leave at lunch so I was trying to get everything done that I had too.  I was also making sure to get my hourly walks in because I knew I wouldn't be working out tonight and likely would miss a few hours of the 250+ steps because we would be in the vehicle for quite some time today.

Ended up being a little late for my dentist appointment but better late than never right?  I just had a cleaning today and maybe I am weird but I love getting my teeth cleaned at the dentist so I was a happy girl.  I love how clean my teeth feel afterwards.

 Just gotta do the fluoride gargle!  Finished up at the dentist then it was off to  Timmie's for lunch, I had a turkey bacon club sandwich and a mango smoothie.  It was a very good lunch.  I noticed that they had greek wraps which were new so we ordered one to try and it was delicious as well, I will definitely have it again.

I got My Honey to park and I walked around the parking lot until I got my steps in for the hour and then we were off to the in-laws.

My Honey didn't sleep well last night so I drove and he had a nap.
We took a different route than we normally do so I got to enjoy some new sights.  Saw a nice old barn with a huge Canada flag painted on the side.  Unfortunately, no pictures though as I was driving.

I did try to stop to get in my steps for the next hour but I waited too long and only had 3 minutes which was just not enough.  After that, I decided just to head straight there and go for a walk later.

Lily was happy to see us, especially My Honey and the feeling was mutual.

 Supper was ready for us when we arrived.  Egg salad made with fresh eggs (they have chickens!)

Homemade bread - it is so delicious.  I tried to be careful about how much I ate which was tough.  MIL is a great cook and I love her fresh bread.  I think I was reasonable about how much I ate this time, I could have easily finished off the whole loaf myself.

She also had this cabbage soup which is an absolute favorite of mine.  The first time she made it I just thought it was amazing.  I am a cabbage lover anyway but I'd never had anything like it before and I couldn't get enough.

 Dessert was fresh raspberries from the garden.

I added a little vanilla cream to it and it was perfect!
 
 After supper it was time for a little target practice with the pellet guns.  The nephew is a pretty good shot.

I've never used a pellet gun before (as you can tell by how I am holding it) but I wanted to give it a try.  I was determined to at least hit one of the cans.  I didn't hit one today but I will keep trying.

 After target practice we were treated to a lovely rainbow.

It seemed to be growing across the sky as I was watching.

 We went for a walk afterwards, it was a lovely evening.  Look at that sky, it almost looks like it is on fire.

 My two guardians, prepared just in case any wild animals cross our path.  Looks like the nephew is almost as tall as his uncle.  He has grown so much since last we saw him.  Of course it's what happens but it still is a little sad too.  I haven't known him long but already I can see that the little boy is no longer and he is just growing up.  He is such a great kid - polite, interesting and just fun to hang out with.  I am glad we got to spend some time with him.

MIL has a green thumb for sure, aren't these gorgeous?


Fitbit Stats - so at the end of the day, I didn't have a formal workout but I feel good about what I accomplished today physically.  I met all the goals and I kept my eating reasonable.

Until next time - be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment