Friday 19 August 2016

Treadmill Woes

I started off the morning with a walk all around the house until I managed to get 500 steps in and then went back to bed and waited for My Honey to get home from work.

As I was getting into bed last night and arranging things just the way I like them, it occurred to me that my ritual may be a little odd, but that's ok, I like odd.

 Here's how it looks before.  Just as a side note, the stuffed animals are rescues, well at least the hippo and the elephant are, the bear I have had since junior high and I just can't bear to let it go (no pun intended).

My Honey picked up Horace the Hippo & Elmer the Elephant intending to give them to his parents dog Lily.  He loves Lily and she loves him A LOT!  He thought if his scent was on the stuffed toys, then Lily would love them more but once they were in bed with us, I didn't want to let them go.  Don't worry though, Lily did end up getting a nice stuffed friend eventually.

 Anyway, when My Honey is away for the night, I leave all the animals and his pillows on his side.  Then on my side, I set up my one pillow for my head and then the other two vertically beside me so that they are kind of a little nest for me, and I always make sure to turn my heating pad on a few minutes before I get into bed so I am nice and cozy.  It might be weird but I am comfortable, warm & cozy and I sleep like a log. 

 When I did get up around 8am, I made myself a scrumptious breakfast.  One slice of flax seed bread with honey peanut butter and the other with almond butter, sunflower & pumpkin seeds.  It was very, very good.

My remote went missing yesterday when my little nephew was here (he has a thing for phones & remotes) and I searched everywhere for it.  I finally found it in my knitting basket.
I was relieved because I wanted to watch a movie on iTunes but couldn't switch the source type on the TV without the remote (believe me I tried)!

This movie rental was on sale for .99 cents and I've been wanting to watch it so I figured why not?
It took me almost all day to watch it because I kept pausing it to do other things.
I wasn't really that impressed.  I enjoy Nicholas Sparks but I don't think he'll ever top what I consider his best movie "The Notebook".

 My son dropped by and this happened....

I love that goofy smile of his!  He is always smiling and that makes my heart happy!

 My sister posted this memory of her boys on Facebook today.  Talk about cute overload.  I miss those little guys so much.  Wish I had my own private jet so I could take off and see them whenever I feel like it!  Once a year is nowhere near enough!

 Picked up a snack for myself at the store and then proceeded to eat 4 of them.

 Also picked myself up some lunch.

 When My Honey woke up we decided to go out for supper.  There weren't many healthy options on the menu and for some reason when we got there my belly was feeling a bit queasy so I chose the Wonton Soup.  I don't like wontons so I just ate the veggies and the broth.  It did the trick.

 Thankfully my belly was feeling well enough to eat my fortune cookie.  These were our fortunes for today.

 Every hour today I went down and walked on the treadmill to make sure I got those 250+ steps per hour.  I was nearing the end the book I have been reading "The Lost Child" and I was just at the point where I wanted to get it over with, so I was reading it while walking on the treadmill.  It is the fourth book in the series and it was starting to get annoying.  I wasn't really enjoying it anymore but I felt like I had so much invested in it I was hoping there would be some pay off but there wasn't.  I hated how it ended and I am glad I finished it and can now move on to something hopefully more enjoyable.

All those walks today added up to 2 hours and 15 minutes on the treadmill.  I love that my treadmill stats don't automatically reset after a certain amount of time.  This way it can accumulate when I go down for little spurts throughout the day and it definitely adds up.

Now the bad news.  Even though I had racked up all this time on the treadmill today, I did it walking and I still felt like I needed to get my 20 minutes of jogging in. 

Around 7pm I headed down to the treadmill again, reset the stats and started jogging.  Right away I heard kind of a crack and the belt seemed to be off center.
I got off the treadmill to investigate and sure enough, the belt was rubbing against one side so I got my little tool out to adjust the belt.  When I lifted up the deck though to find the spot where the tool is inserted, I realized that the front of the deck on one side was lower than it should be.

BUMMER!!

It is definitely broken.  I thought it might have fallen off or something and tried to fix it but couldn't do it by myself.  My Honey will look at it with me in the morning and I am so hoping that it is something we can fix. 

So I didn't get a 20 minute jog in after all but that's how the cookie crumbles sometimes.  Guess we'll just consider today a rest day.


 We picked these up earlier at the store today so I had a little snack tonight.

 I put some of both kinds in a bowl and it was a perfect combination.

 I chose another movie to watch on iTunes and this one I really enjoyed.  It was heartwarming and funny and just a feel good movie overall. 

My SIL is going to pick up my niece from her grandpa's and there are meeting halfway (which is still a 6 hour drive away) so I offered to watch my nephew for her tomorrow.  That way he won't have to spend 12 hours strapped into his car seat.  So I am excited for tomorrow, he'll keep my busy that's for sure but it will be fun to spend the whole day with him.

Fitbit Stats for today:
  After all that effort I ended up missing an hour of the 250+ steps. 
It was when we went for supper. 
Darn! 
I should have popped on the treadmill before we left and then when we were sitting there and I realized my hour was running out I should have got up, went outside and walked until I got it.
 I was just hoping I would have a little time when we finished but we didn't and that's ok.
Can't be perfect everyday, but I can keep on trying.


Just in case you were wondering about Lily finally getting a toy, this is Mumford the Moose.
He seemed like a perfect friend for her and we were right.

Lily ended up loving Mumford and was cuddling him right away!

That's all for today, until next time, be happy.





No comments:

Post a Comment