Sunday 21 August 2016

Rest Day

I woke up this morning at 7 am and walked around the house to get some steps in.  My Honey got home around 7:20 am and we chatted for a bit then went back to bed.  Although I was tired, I felt like I wasn't going to be able to fall back to sleep so thought I would just cuddle for a bit then let him get his sleep.
Boy was I wrong!  I closed my eyes and next thing you know it was 10:30 am.  I guess I really was very tired.
So I missed a few hours of my 250+ steps right off the bat.

The belt on the treadmill still wasn't adjusted so I couldn't use it and I don't know, I just was having a lazy day so I went with it.  Some days are just going to be like this.  I felt guilty but I enjoyed it too.

 I had a nice bowl of cereal for breakfast with almonds and bananas.
My mom sent me this photo today and said that if we bought a place like this she would gladly take care of it for us.  She is so thoughtful, ha ha.  It is a beautiful spot, all those beautiful fall colours remind me of home.  I sure wish I did have a place like this I could let my mom stay at. Someday!

 The friend I was kitty sitting for arrived home yesterday.  She drove across Canada on her own so I let her catch up on her sleep yesterday and today I popped by to visit her. 
Her sister is a very talented artist and when I was in PEI recently, I dropped by her place to look at her stuff.  It is just the kind of stuff I love and since I knew my friend was going to be driving back here to Alberta, it was a perfect opportunity for me to pick out lots of stuff for her to bring back for me.
And I did, pick out lots of stuff.  So it arrived today and I am so pleased with it all.

 This guy will be going away until winter arrives but I just love the look of him.

 She does these flowers in all different colours but I thought this blue was a fantastic colour and it looks really great next to the siding on the house.

 Another piece that will have to be put away until a bit later in the year but she is great, can't wait til she can come back out.

 Got these guys to put in my flower bed outdoors once it is full of snow but I may change my mind and find a place for them inside. We'll see.

 This I got for my brother to put up at his place.  I thought the kids would enjoy it.

This I picked out for my SIL because I knew her birthday was coming up (it is actually passed now) and I thought she would like it.  I think I will drop it by to her tomorrow.

 I wanted this to go by my front door outside but it is bigger than I thought and doesn't fit there.  I will find somewhere else for it to go.  It is on a reclaimed cedar plank, I just love the look of the weathered wood.

 This is another piece that I liked.  I was thinking my son might like to give it to his girl.

My dear, dear friend also brought me these treats, bar clams, lobster and lobster paste (and the cute magnet).  This stuff is like gold and you know someone really loves you when they share it with you.
She is planning on moving back to PEI and I am really going to miss her.

 
 My Honey & I went to subway for supper.  I had an egg white & bacon with all the veggies.  It's been awhile since we had one so it was nice.  I saved the other half for tomorrow.
We also stopped at the store and they had two bran muffins so I bought them both and ended up having one tonight for a snack.

I forgot to track what I ate for the last two days and while I am not counting calories or following any plan, I still want to keep an account of what I have been eating.

Today's food:
Breakfast - Cereal, banana, almonds, pumpkin & sunflower seeds, skim milk
Lunch - mini pepperoni sticks, 1/2 pita with banana, peanut butter, pumpkin & sunflower seeds
Supper - 6" egg white & bacon sub on whole wheat
Snack - bran muffin, jalopeno & white cheddar popcorn


Fitbit stats for today - Not Good, it was a true rest day!

Moving on though, tomorrow is another day, a new chance to reach all my daily goals.

Side Note - I have decided to postpone the 10k training plan start until next Monday.  We have decided to go to my In-laws this weekend.  They live in the country and while we go for walks and I know I can reach the 250+ steps per hour goal, I know I won't go out running or walking by myself.

We were there once and My Honey & I went for a bike ride and a bear crossed our path.  He saw it and I didn't but still, I know it was there and I am a chicken when it comes down to it.  I would be so worried about running into some kind of animal that it would consume my thoughts and I would be terribly uncomfortable so I will just wait and start the training next week.

We aren't even sure that we are going to Las Vegas for that 10k run anyway so it's not like I have a deadline or anything.  I just know that eventually I will be running one.

Well now that I have had a good rest, I will be ready and raring to go tomorrow.  My Honey adjusted the belt on the treadmill too before he went to work so it's good to go too! He really is the best.

Until next time, be happy!


No comments:

Post a Comment