Sunday 14 August 2016

A Day in the City

The bed in our hotel room was insanely comfortable.  Seriously, it was probably the most comfortable hotel room bed ever and we stayed in it until the last possible moment. 
The pillows were soft & fluffy, the comforter was not too light, not too heavy, not too short.  The bed was "sink into" soft with just a slight amount of firmness.  I am telling you, we could have spent the whole day in that bed and been very happy to do it.
Thank goodness we had the foresight to request a late checkout.  We just made our noon check out.
We will be staying at that hotel again FOR SURE!

 We went to one of my favorite breakfast/brunch spots, Cora's.  Usually there is a wait to be seated but noonish must be a good time to go there because they seated us right away, no wait.

 The waitress talked me right into their smoothie special of the day, mango, pineapple, orange & banana.  It was just as yummy as I figured it would be.

 My honey opted for the raspberry smoothie which was also very tasty!

 I ordered the veggie omelet and could only finish about half of it because.....

 we also ordered the bagel with lox to share and I wanted to make sure I had room.  My Honey often orders this and every time he does I try it and love it.  I just love the capers, I think they are my favorite part.  Don't they do a fabulous job with the fruit too?  I love that they include lots of it and it is always fresh. 

 My Honey ordered the eggs benny.  I am not crazy about hollandaise sauce so this is something that I would never order.

Afterwards we were just kind of driving around town with no particular agenda when we passed by a yard sale and I noticed this purple dress.  I thought my niece would love it so we turned around and went back.  It was $20.00 but I know she will love it so I grabbed it.  I also picked up some Christmas berry garland and greenery type garland for $3.00.  Great deal.

 This one was also there but it was $28.00 and I wasn't sure if Miss A would like it and it is too large for her right now.  She can be picky sometimes so I sent my SIL a picture of it and asked her opinion but she didn't get back to me so we left.  I thought it was a bit much to pay for something I was unsure of.
We walked back to the truck and just as we were leaving, she texted me back that Miss A would love it so I ended up walking back over and buying it for her.  It is beautiful and I can't wait to show it to her.

 There were so many beautiful homes in the neighborhood and we passed this particular one which I would consider my dream home.  I love, love, love the wrap around porch.  I made My Honey back up so I could take a photo.  We'd never been in this part of the city before and I was impressed.

 We also came upon a park in the city which I had never heard of before so we just walked around it a bit to check it out.  I love green spaces and there were lots of families and folks there using it which is so nice to see.

 Ever since I mentioned that I'd never seen hollyhocks here in Alberta before, they are popping up all over the place.  This particular shade is probably my favorite, I am a pink lover after all.

 These were quite beautiful too but then what flowers aren't?

 This mama and here babies were catching some rays on this sunny day.  The little guy laying down there looks like he may not be alive but don't worry, he was alive and well.  He was just VERY relaxed.

 We just sat and enjoyed the scenery for awhile.

 Then some Canadian geese showed up and I don't think they meant too, but they scared mama and her babies away.

 We just walked around so I could get some steps in (we got up too late to use the gym at the hotel).  There were lots of flowers in bloom and places for the kids to play.
I also have a thing for wooden fences like this.
 I also have a thing for fountains like these.  There was a dog at the far end of the pond cooling off and I don't blame him.

 Selfie at the park.

 For supper I was kind of craving pizza so we looked up best pizza in Edmonton.  Tony's Place showed up on a few sites as #1 and we've never tried it so we headed there.

Turns out we've passed by this place tons of times. It is right by Little Italy and Chinatown where we go all the time.  If we hadn't read about it on the internet we would never have given it a try.


We had the house salad to start.  It was tomatoes, onion, basil, green onion & mozzarella with a killer dressing.  It was delicious.

Then I choose the seafood pie, it had clams, anchovies and mushrooms and I really enjoyed it.  We had a clam pie in Halifax once at a place that was featured on You Gotta Eat Here and this was far better.

 This was My Honey's pick, it had marinara, mozza, prosciutta and I liked it best.
We were very pleased with our meal and we would absolutely recommend it to anyone. We will most certainly be back.
Because we were in the area we went to the Italian Supermarket so My Honey could pick up some olive oil.  I love wandering around that store and checking things out. 

I bought myself a treat while we were there.  I shared it with My Honey too.

 We made our way over to West Edmonton Mall for dessert because our favorite frozen yogurt place is there. They have the best toppings.  This is mine.

 My Honey's always looks much healthier than mine.

 I had a bit of shopping to do so we went our separate ways and I found a few things I was looking for.  I also saw these shoes for $20.00 so I grabbed them for my boy. 

 I met My Honey back at the food court (he was having a bowl of his favorite noodle soup) and came across this cool display of dresses made out of flowers.

 I am not sure if there was a purpose for them or a reason why they were there but they were pretty cool looking.

 Reminded me of an episode of My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding where the girl had her wedding dress made of fresh flowers.  I would never want to wear one but it is an awesome, one of a kind dress.

 These "Animal Riders" were a new thing in the mall.  We were kind of wishing we had a little one with us so we would have an excuse to go try them out.  Maybe we will bring Miss A there with us next time, they didn't go very fast so my little nephew might even be able to try them out too.

I didn't do an official work out today but I still managed to meet most of the Fitbit goals.  I missed the 250+ steps per hour (we slept in pretty late again) and I didn't meet the stairs goal.  I should have found some stairs but I left it too late and when we got home it was after midnight so they wouldn't have counted towards todays goals anyway.

Food today:
Breakfast/Lunch - veggie omelet, fruit smoothie, 1/2 bagel with cream cheese & lox
Snack - chocolate bar
Supper - tomato/mozza salad, pizza (3 slices)
Snack - Frozen Yogurt, almonds, pumpkin seeds & sunflower seeds

That was our day today, it was an enjoyable one.

Until next time, Be Happy!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment