Sunday 7 August 2016

Netflix Kinda Day

Today was a very restful day.  My Honey had to work so it was just me at home.  I got up at 7 am then again at 8 am and did 250+ steps then went back to bed until 9am.  It was nice to sleep in but I still wanted to reach that step goal today.

I was all out of bananas so I added sunflower seeds, dried cranberries, pumpkin seeds and some all bran to my Special K this morning.  Made myself a cup of coffee (the creamer is growing on me) and got my ice cold water then headed to the couch and Netflix.  It was dreary and rainy outside so what better way to spend the morning?

I searched around for something to watch and this is what I found.  It was actually the .99 cent rental on iTunes this week so I decide to give it a try.  It was good, the way it ended has me thinking that there is a sequel in the works.

When the movie was over I ran myself a nice bubble bath and did some reading.  This is what I am reading right now.  It is the 4th book in the series.  I find it a bit difficult to read at points because I personally am not interested in some of the subject matter it covers but the main story about the two friends is very addictive.  Each time I finish a book, I am on Amazon right away downloading the next one.


After my bath it was still dreary out and I couldn't really convince myself to go down and work out so I chose another movie.  This one was on Netflix.  I was expecting a Bollywood type movie with singing and dancing (I really enjoy them) but it ended up not being like that.  It had more of a serious story to it.  Even though it wasn't what I expected, I did really enjoy it and was glad that I picked it.

I would recommend it!

 My Honey arrived home and he was going down to work out so I finally went down and got 'er done.  I just wasn't feeling it today for some reason but days like this are when it feels extra good to be finished with the workout. 
Today I did 4 x 5 minute jogs and then I kind of did some incline, some walking and some 1 minute jogs to reach all my goals on my Fitbit.

 Speaking of my Fitbit, I have to say that it is in pretty rough shape so I am pretty impressed that it still works.  I had a Fitbit flex first and before the first year, it stopped working for some reason.  I contacted their customer service and they were so great, they sent me a replacement.

I decided that I wanted to upgrade to the Fitbit Charge so I just went to Best Buy and just traded in my replacement and paid the difference, no problem.

 I've had to glue it back together but it is still working.  When it finally does quit on me I will definately be getting another.  I find it very motivating.  I know that I work out just that little bit extra so I can meet all my daily goals.  Also, the 250+ steps per hour challenge is a super idea and gets me up and moving through out the day.  I am a happy customer.

 
 After supper we made a salad together and My Honey cooked up some steaks.  Perfect supper, it was so tasty!
 BOOM!! Did it again.  I met all my daily Fitbit goals, go me!!!  That 250+ steps per hour one takes some effort & timing but without it, this would have been a very sedentary day with a super duper long work out session to reach 10,000 steps.

Food today:
Breakfast - Special K Protein, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, dried cranberries, All Bran cereal
Lunch - Freshi bowl (left over from yesterday)
Snack - clementine
Supper - Steak, tomato/avocado salad

So all in all, a nice end to the weekend and it's back to work I go tomorrow.
Until next time, be happy!


No comments:

Post a Comment