Wednesday 31 August 2016

Just an Off Day

Today was a very sad day and it was an off day.  It felt awkward & bad funky all day.
We learned at work that our lead admin who was just transferred to another office, lost her son yesterday, out of nowhere.  He passed away in his sleep.  He was only in his early thirties.  So devastating.  I can't imagine what they are going through.  I haven't been able to stop thinking about them all.  It's just heartbreaking.

Then we learned that one of our foreman and his assistant foreman were let go today.  I am not sure of all of the circumstances surrounding the decision but it doesn't matter.  They were both nice guys and I've been working with the one fellow since I started 9 years ago and the other for the last 4 years anyway.  I am going to miss them both and I hope that everything works out for them.  It is a difficult time here in Alberta to find work so I just hope that doesn't end up being the case for them!

 My Honey whipped up my absolutely favorite salad for supper and some steak.  It was perfect.

I did my schedule work out for today:
5 min brisk walk:
5 min easy run
1 min walk
5 min easy run
5 min cool down walk

It hardly seems like much of a workout but this is just the beginning, I know it will build from here!
It felt good to be back on the treadmill.

Afterwards I popped over to visit my friend for a bit.  She is going to be moving soon back to PEI and I am sure going to miss her.  I plan on getting lots of visits in before she goes!

Fitbit Stats for today - BOOM! Got 'er done!

I am a little concerned for my weigh in tomorrow because I didn't work out as much as I could have/should have.  I was careful about my eating though and didn't go overboard in that respect so we will see what happens.

I am trying to convince myself to be okay with a "stay the same" and to be prepared for a possible gain.  A loss (any amount) would be wonderful. 

Until tomorrow - be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment