Monday 22 August 2016

Slippery Slope

Woke up to grey & gloomy weather this morning.  I still wanted to do my outside walks at work so I made sure to bring my raincoat & boots to work with me.

My first walk was ok, just a light drizzle but it got progressively worse from there.
By the time lunch rolled around, I was soaked from the knees down.

 I whipped up a quick salad for myself for lunch, tomatoes, cucumbers, baby greens, red onion & chicken breast.  I added some pumpkin & sunflower seeds too just because I love that little crunch.

I tried this new dressing I picked up on my salad.  It was good but I much prefer the dressing My Honey makes from scratch.  I don't think it would have been cool of me to wake him up to make it for me though ;-)

 After lunch, it was raining so hard that it just didn't make sense to go outside for my hourly walks, I would have gotten soaked.  So I was back to walking laps around the office.  It is a bit boring but it does the trick. 
It's been dreary all day long and it's still raining and windy out there. 
Definitely an indoor kind of day.

Had another Facebook memory pop up in my news feed today.  This was taken in PEI just 2 years ago.  I can't believe how much they have grown up since then.  Time just goes by way too fast.
Enjoy your littles while you can, before you know it, they are grown.

 My Honey cooked up an awesome stir fry for supper before he left for work.  My belly wasn't feeling so good but I ate anyway hoping it would help.
It did help a bit.
I was thinking about skipping my workout again though.

It is such a slippery slope for me.  As soon as I start missing work outs, it is so easy to talk myself into missing more.  I have done it so many times in the past.  The more work outs I miss, the easier it becomes to miss another so I knew I had to get my but in gear.

Thank goodness, again, for this blog.  I didn't want to have to write on here that I missed another work out so I sucked it up and just got on the treadmill to get it over with.

 I decided to cover over the display and just jog for 5 songs.  That took me to 20 min, then I talked myself into continuing for two more min, then another 2, then another and so on until I had jogged for 31 min straight.  I was happy about that seeing as I didn't even want to get on the treadmill at all.

Fitbit Stats - Woot Woot!!
Nailed it for today!

Food Today:
Breakfast - All Bran Cereal & All Bran Buds, Skim Milk
Lunch - Salad (tomatoes, chicken, onion, cucumber, greens, sunflower & pumpkin seeds)
Supper - Chicken & Shrimp stirfry

That's it for today, hoping the sun comes out tomorrow.

Until next time, be happy!






No comments:

Post a Comment