Tuesday 9 August 2016

Today's Happenings

My Honey decided to try some wild flower seeds in our flower bed out front this year for something different.  They are starting to bloom and it's fun each morning to check and see if anything new has shown up.

This pretty blue flower wasn't there yesterday.

 I wonder how this one is going to look when it blooms?

 These remind me of itty bitty snap dragons, which I love.

 They are showing up in all kinds of colors too.

 A former co-worker was selling this sheet and comforter set online so I bought it for Miss A.  I dropped it off tonight for her on my way home from work. She was going to put it in the laundry immediately so she could then put it on her bed.  I had to stop her for a picture.  I think she liked it!

 Got to see this handsome little dude while I was there.  He is so lovey lately and loves to be picked up.  I, of course, am quite happy to oblige.

 When I left she was on to some very serious business, measuring the distance from the door handle to the floor.
I cut up some watermelon for a snack after work.  Another co-worker got me started on putting salt on my watermelon.  I used to be a huge salt fanatic, added lots of it to everything.  I have changed my ways though and now I barely add it to anything.  When the co-worker told me she put it on her watermelon I thought that sounded crazy but she encouraged me to try it and I am sold.  It just makes the watermelon taste even sweeter and more delicious which seems weird but it is true.  I rarely have watermelon without adding salt now.  I've been converted!

 Tonight for my work out I did intervals of 2 minutes of jogging, then 1 at walking.  I didn't plan for a rest day this week so I wanted to take it a bit easy but still get at least 20 minutes of jogging in.
Feels so good to have my work out done!

 My Honey had to stay at work quite late tonight so I wanted him to come home to a hot meal.  He is normally the one to do all the cooking so I wanted him to just be able to relax and enjoy his supper when he got home.  I made a pot of chili, heavy on the beans & veggies.  I added lentils, chick peas, lots of cabbage and all kinds of other goodies.  I went to the store too and picked up some fresh, soft buns for him.

 I added some shredded parmesan cheese and it was super, delicious if I do say so myself.

I was very conscious today each hour about getting the 250+ steps and it paid off!
I am happy with my efforts this week and look forward to my weigh in tomorrow.

What I ate today:
Breakfast - Special K Protein cereal, Bran Buds, Almond Milk
Lunch - Freshi bowl
Snack - Watermelon, Raw Almonds
Supper - Homemade Chili

Until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment