Tuesday 16 August 2016

Awesome Effort Tuesday!

This morning started off with a big bowl of deliciousness.

 I just love bananas on my cereal and I kept forgetting to bring them to work with me but I remembered this morning and I am so glad I did!

 I picked this up while in the city this weekend.  The scent of it makes me think of Hawaii for some reason.  Maybe because I wore lots of sunscreen while I was there and it smells kind of the same?  Anyway, doesn't matter, I lather lotion on several times a day because it is so dry here so having this to use today was like a treat every time I put it on.

 This is the driveway at work that I have been walking down every hour, this is the way out....

 and this is the way back.  Those clouds look very foreboding.

 Good thing I picked up this awesome raincoat on the weekend for only $17.99! I did have to wear it once today on one of my walks so it came in handy.

 It was nice and sunny again by the time I went home for lunch.  When I arrived home I saw a new flower had bloomed!  So exciting (I know, it doesn't take much to make me happy!)

There was also a new color of this flower, that is the third color now and so far, it's the only pink one and we all know how I feel about pink (love it)!

 Lunch was the rest of my freshi bowl from supper last night that I couldn't finish.  I just love this combination, it is tasty and filling and I can't see myself getting tired of it anytime soon.

Here are all the things that I put into it:
lettuce
quinoa
radish
green onion
red onion
black beans
chick peas
edamame beans
shredded carrot
cucumber
dried cranberries
shredded chicken breast
sunflower seeds
pumpkin seeds
almonds
spinach
kernel corn
creamy cucumber dressing
roasted red pepper dressing

It is sooooo delicious!

 My Honey was off today so he had supper ready for me when I got home, roast beef, roasted potatoes, Brussel sprouts and gravy.  It hit the spot that's for sure!  I ate as soon as I got home so I had to wait around a bit before I worked out which isn't always good.  I tend to procrastinate sometimes but I kept busy cleaning and running errands.  It felt good to get some things done.

 There it is, my best friend!  Yes, we have two treadmills, one of them I bought second hand years ago and it still works but I find that the deck doesn't have any give to it at all so it is very difficult to run on.  My Honey uses the old one, he walks with the incline up high so he likes it just fine.  I was able to buy myself a new treadmill in January with my bonus from work and I was thrilled.  The deck on my other one had cracked and ripped the belt so I was pretty bummed.  I am fortunate to work at a place where we get bonuses and I am so happy with this treadmill so far.  I think we will be spending many, many miles together in the years to come!

 We have lots of other equipment that we keep around because I think it would be good to cross train but I just never get around to it.  My Honey does use the weight bench so that's good.

Maybe some day I will let it all go but for now, I will keep it.  You never know what can happen and it is good to have options just in case!

 So I finally went down and got on the treadmill a little after 7pm.  I was watching a show so at first I was doing some walking and then some jogging kind of randomly.  Once the show was over, I turned on my music and got down to business.  I find I work out better to music than I do when I am watching a show or a movie.

At first I wasn't really feeling into it and thought if I just get 10 minutes of jogging done I will stop and walk for a minute then regroup.  I didn't cover the display (I forgot) so the time didn't seem to go by as fast but after the second song I was feeling pretty good so I kept going. 

This is how my workout ended up going:
12 min - walk/jog randomly
22 min - jog (4.1/4.2)
3 min - walk through a phone call (it was my son so I had to answer)
13 min - jog @ 4.3
remaining time - cool down
I felt awesome when I was done.  I know I pushed myself and I love it when I do.

 My after work out snack, I haven't had yogurt in awhile and I was missing it.

SCORE!!!  I was so excited to see this when I stopped by the store tonight.  They barely ever have bran muffins and it is even more unusual for them to have them without raisins.

I scooped it up of course (I would have bought all they had but this was it) and I am not sure when I will have it for a treat but I am already looking forward to it.

I think I will cut it in half (they are huge) and put half in the freezer and take the other half to work with me tomorrow. 
Can't wait!

Fitbit Stats - I had a SUPER day today.  I worked hard at it and it feels great.

Tomorrow is weigh in day and I am excited to see what the scale shows. 
I know that the scale sometimes can be misleading but even if that happens, I know that I am working hard and that if I keep on keeping on, it has to show eventually.

Food for today:
Breakfast - Special K Protein Cereal, Banana, All Bran Buds, Almond Milk
Lunch - freshi bowl
Supper - Roast Beef, Brussel Sprouts, Roasted Potatoes, gravy
Snack - yogurt, almonds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds

Until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment