Tuesday 30 August 2016

Friday in the Country

We slept in until around 9 this morning.  It was nice to sleep in a bit and cuddle with My Honey.

 Breakfast was some fresh fruit, an omelet, good old fashioned porridge and a slice of that delicious bread.

 Then we headed out to the in-laws fabulous garden to pick some of my favorite for supper...

 Green & Yellow string beans.  There is just nothing better fresh from the garden.

 Then I got MIL to give me a tutorial in knitting.  I enjoy knitting in the winter evenings and I love these dishcloths but I am just no good at reading knitting instructions, I need hands on training.  She is a very good trainer and I am well on my way.

 Supper was all fresh from the garden, except the ribs of course.  It was the best meal ever and I was just stuffed afterward.
 Deep into a newly invented game of "tomato soccer", only about 3 tomatoes were injured through the course of the game.

 We went to town earlier today and they have three new flavors out of Lays so I picked up two of them for us to try.  I feel like I have already tasted this before and it was yummy, my favorite of the two.

 These were good too, basically they just tasted like smokey bacon.  I was really mindful of only having one of each flavor for a sample and I didn't feel cheated by not having any more than that.

Just the regular Friday Afternoon in the Country Shenanigans!

My efforts paid off, I completed a dish cloth today.  I love these colors.

Fitbit Stats - I wasn't being mindful of this today but I did get some steps in and we did go for another walk this evening so I am not feeling absolutely terrible. I could have tried a bit harder I suppose but it's done now so moving on.

It was a good day.  I always enjoy my time here at my in-laws, they are so good and it is quiet and relaxing.  Just a great way to spend some time away from the hustle & bustle.

That's a wrap for today.

Until next time - be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment